Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
I have windows xp 64bit and dont have a problem. I downloaded it from him before he found out the problem and delete. I still have it and I do not have a problem. Why do you guys have a problem and I dont ? We have same Windows XP 64 bit.. whats happening ? Strange. Mine is fine.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yep is indeed very weird. Rev 1920 is fine for me for using Ogl plugin on X64 builds, but in the later revs it just crash at start

I'm using WinXp x64 too. The last thing i recall... was getting some windows Updates last week. Dunno if that is the cause...

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I just noticed something:

If you delete the dolphin.ini in the /user/config folder (Possibly the Video_OGL.ini as well) then launch the x64 build of Dolphin and configure it with the OpenGL plugin set as the video plugin, you'll be able to start a game without it crashing.

However once you close the emulator and re-launch it, it will start crashing and continue to crash everytime you try and start a game, unless you delete the dolphin.ini file again in the /user/config folder.

However it should be fixed because it's a bit tedious to keep deleting the dolphin.ini file and reconfiguring everything every time you launch the emulator to play a game.

209 Posts
Just tested r1966 all working fine, seems like the OpenGL plugin is fixed!

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Just tested r1966 all working fine, seems like the OpenGL plugin is fixed!
It's in the x64 builds, if you are using x86 32-bit you won't have a problem..

The issue is still present in build 1977, check my replies on the issues, it should give some insight on what exactly is wrong..

It seems that possibly the OpenGL fixes on revision 1921 borked the x64 build for most users, any x64 build before 1921 should generally be fine with OpenGL..

209 Posts
It's in the x64 builds, if you are using x86 32-bit you won't have a problem..

The issue is still present in build 1977, check my replies on the issues, it should give some insight on what exactly is wrong..

It seems that possibly the OpenGL fixes on revision 1921 borked the x64 build for most users, any x64 build before 1921 should generally be fine with OpenGL..
As i already stated a few posts back, im using the 64 bit build. Working fine mate.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well I don't know why it's working fine for you, probably a fluke.

All it does is crash here and I've tried re-compiling several times, tried the builds on XP x64 and Vista x64 and get the same result on builds 1921 and later.

Something that was fixed in revision 1921 borked the x64 build and OpenGL for most of us. All it does is crash whenever I try to start a game, however I am able to start and play a game with the OpenGL plugin in the x64 builds if I delete the dolphin.ini file and reconfigure the emulator everytime I want to play a game.

·
Registered
377 Posts
All it does is crash whenever I try to start a game, however I am able to start and play a game with the OpenGL plugin in the x64 builds if I delete the dolphin.ini file and reconfigure the emulator everytime I want to play a game.
I can't get it to work even with that trick. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Works fine for me on Rev 1921 and 1943 just using it normally, I don't have to modify any files or inis.
I use Vista Ultimate x64.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The point is not whether it is working for some/very few of you, the point is that it's broke for most of us and that x64 builds prior to 1921 were and still are working fine without issues with the OpenGL plugin...

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
OpenGL is still not fixed on x64 builds, it is still broken and crashes with revision 1983 for most people, so much for the d-team paying attention to the forum...

It's been like this since revision 1921 for the x64 builds and OpenGL for most, revisions prior to 1921 were working fine and still are without any issues whatsoever in x64 builds using the OpenGL plugin.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
I have rev1978 and I am using the x64 windows xp and doesn't have a problem. Why you guys have problem? What's going on ? oO

EDIT: Whooo! I posts 4,600 now! :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
i always have had that problem with my card even with updated drivers, simply i can't play games with opengl, it's crashes the emulator, but DirectX is death, so i can't use the emulator :(

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.