Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As far as I know since revision 1911, the OpenGL plugin seems to be broken. When I start the emulator/game with the OpenGL plugin, it crashes the emulator.

However the DirectX plugin doesn't crash the emulator, but I prefer the OpenGL plugin better since it has less problems than the DirectX plugin.

I've also had reports from others who downloaded my build, and had the same problem. I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same problem with their builds.

Nothing has changed on my PC, revision 1882 is the last know revision for me that worked with the OpenGL plugin.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing is enabled in the OpenGL plugin except frame rate overlay display. Also nothing has changed on my PC, revision 1882 was the last working revision for me, The OpenGL plugin on 1911 and up crash the emulator when starting a game.

I also have the newest WHQL Nvidia drivers installed, so drivers aren't a problem either..

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yes I have the latest DirectX, anyways DirectX shouldn't affect the OpenGL plugin since they are two different API's, I am able to use the DirectX plugin without an issue.

Upon further research, it appears that OpenGL in the 64-bit builds is broken, 32-bit works fine.. :/

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please fix the OpenGL Plugin in x64 Builds!

The OpenGL plugin needs to be fixed for the x64 builds of Dolphin, it's been broke since around revision 1921 and just crashes the emulator when you try to launch a game.

There is no problem with the DirectX plugin, nor is there a problem with the OpenGL plugin on 32-bit builds of Dolphin, it's just the x64 64-bit build that is broken with OpenGL...

I reported this back when revision 1921 was commited, and it's still not fixed yet...

Sorry if I seem to be a pain, but it makes me think my report is going unnoticed by the developers..

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There's nothing wrong with my computer, OpenGL works fine in in the x64 builds prior to 1921.

It's only x64 builds of 1921 and up that are exhibiting this issue, and it doesn't occur on the 32-bit builds.

It even crashes under XP x64 when trying to play a game. Under two different Operating system the x64 build crashes with the OpenGL plugin..

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Perhaps my Visual Studio is fux0red, I've been having some minor problems with it on Vista, perhaps OpenGL just barfed out after revisions 1921 on my Visual Studio install..

I'm going to install it on my XP x64 install and see if it fixes my problems or not..

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I just noticed something:

If you delete the dolphin.ini in the /user/config folder (Possibly the Video_OGL.ini as well) then launch the x64 build of Dolphin and configure it with the OpenGL plugin set as the video plugin, you'll be able to start a game without it crashing.

However once you close the emulator and re-launch it, it will start crashing and continue to crash everytime you try and start a game, unless you delete the dolphin.ini file again in the /user/config folder.

However it should be fixed because it's a bit tedious to keep deleting the dolphin.ini file and reconfiguring everything every time you launch the emulator to play a game.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Just tested r1966 all working fine, seems like the OpenGL plugin is fixed!
It's in the x64 builds, if you are using x86 32-bit you won't have a problem..

The issue is still present in build 1977, check my replies on the issues, it should give some insight on what exactly is wrong..

It seems that possibly the OpenGL fixes on revision 1921 borked the x64 build for most users, any x64 build before 1921 should generally be fine with OpenGL..

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well I don't know why it's working fine for you, probably a fluke.

All it does is crash here and I've tried re-compiling several times, tried the builds on XP x64 and Vista x64 and get the same result on builds 1921 and later.

Something that was fixed in revision 1921 borked the x64 build and OpenGL for most of us. All it does is crash whenever I try to start a game, however I am able to start and play a game with the OpenGL plugin in the x64 builds if I delete the dolphin.ini file and reconfigure the emulator everytime I want to play a game.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The point is not whether it is working for some/very few of you, the point is that it's broke for most of us and that x64 builds prior to 1921 were and still are working fine without issues with the OpenGL plugin...

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
OpenGL is still not fixed on x64 builds, it is still broken and crashes with revision 1983 for most people, so much for the d-team paying attention to the forum...

It's been like this since revision 1921 for the x64 builds and OpenGL for most, revisions prior to 1921 were working fine and still are without any issues whatsoever in x64 builds using the OpenGL plugin.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I have rev1978 and I am using the x64 windows xp and doesn't have a problem. Why you guys have problem? What's going on ? oO

EDIT: Whooo! I posts 4,600 now! :D
As I said the point is not that whether it's working for you or the few other people it works fine for, but the fact is that it's broke for some/most of us and has been this way since revision 1921, while the older x64 revisions prior to 1921 were and still are working fine without issues or crashes with OpenGL..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts