Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as I know since revision 1911, the OpenGL plugin seems to be broken. When I start the emulator/game with the OpenGL plugin, it crashes the emulator.

However the DirectX plugin doesn't crash the emulator, but I prefer the OpenGL plugin better since it has less problems than the DirectX plugin.

I've also had reports from others who downloaded my build, and had the same problem. I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same problem with their builds.

Nothing has changed on my PC, revision 1882 is the last know revision for me that worked with the OpenGL plugin.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Is everything in the setting disabled ? (especially XFB)

I don't have any problem with r1920 and OpenGL plugin, maybe you should try to update your CG libs ?
(i'm going to test another awesome commit from donkopunchstania in r1921 :p)

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing is enabled in the OpenGL plugin except frame rate overlay display. Also nothing has changed on my PC, revision 1882 was the last working revision for me, The OpenGL plugin on 1911 and up crash the emulator when starting a game.

I also have the newest WHQL Nvidia drivers installed, so drivers aren't a problem either..

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
I don't know what's wrong but I downloaded it from you and I do not have a problem. Did you update directx 9.0c November 2008 ?

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes I have the latest DirectX, anyways DirectX shouldn't affect the OpenGL plugin since they are two different API's, I am able to use the DirectX plugin without an issue.

Upon further research, it appears that OpenGL in the 64-bit builds is broken, 32-bit works fine.. :/

·
Registered
75 Posts
OpenGl Plugin crashes for me too.. i just compiled 1921 and it's not working, my last working rev was 1882 too..I'm Useing Win7x64.. any solution for this?? Please!? tnx

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please fix the OpenGL Plugin in x64 Builds!

The OpenGL plugin needs to be fixed for the x64 builds of Dolphin, it's been broke since around revision 1921 and just crashes the emulator when you try to launch a game.

There is no problem with the DirectX plugin, nor is there a problem with the OpenGL plugin on 32-bit builds of Dolphin, it's just the x64 64-bit build that is broken with OpenGL...

I reported this back when revision 1921 was commited, and it's still not fixed yet...

Sorry if I seem to be a pain, but it makes me think my report is going unnoticed by the developers..

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
The OpenGL plugin needs to be fixed for the x64 builds of Dolphin, it's been broke since around revision 1921 and just crashes the emulator when you try to launch a game.

There is no problem with the DirectX plugin, nor is there a problem with the OpenGL plugin on 32-bit builds of Dolphin, it's just the x64 64-bit build that is broken with OpenGL...

I reported this back when revision 1921 was commited, and it's still not fixed yet...

Sorry if I seem to be a pain, but it makes me think my report is going unnoticed by the developers..
I don't know why but I downloaded it from you in x64 and the opengl works fine for me before you delete it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Compiled SVN 1965 x64 on Vista/Windows 7 the OpenGl plugin works alright, but have only three games to test it on, Animal crossing, My Sims Kingdom and Tales of Symphonia.
I only do a simple compile in visual 2008 using the build manager active solution config to “release” and platform to “x64” then compile using the build solution option.
But you guys know this stuff already, Xtreme2damax somethings happened to your computer man.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Lrak could you share your rev 1965 x64 build please? I had to format so i can't compile anymore T_T (also i was having the same problems as XtremeDmax with the Ogl plugin)

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There's nothing wrong with my computer, OpenGL works fine in in the x64 builds prior to 1921.

It's only x64 builds of 1921 and up that are exhibiting this issue, and it doesn't occur on the 32-bit builds.

It even crashes under XP x64 when trying to play a game. Under two different Operating system the x64 build crashes with the OpenGL plugin..

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thanks Dax. Also, sorry for bringing offtopicness to the Thread =(

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Perhaps my Visual Studio is fux0red, I've been having some minor problems with it on Vista, perhaps OpenGL just barfed out after revisions 1921 on my Visual Studio install..

I'm going to install it on my XP x64 install and see if it fixes my problems or not..

209 Posts
There's nothing wrong with my computer, OpenGL works fine in in the x64 builds prior to 1921.

It's only x64 builds of 1921 and up that are exhibiting this issue, and it doesn't occur on the 32-bit builds.

It even crashes under XP x64 when trying to play a game. Under two different Operating system the x64 build crashes with the OpenGL plugin..
Im getting the same crash in OpenGL on Vista 64. After a few mins of playing, the screen freezes. BTW, my build is r1943 and i got it from a different site than your site. Bit of a bummer because its stopping me from testing Metal Gear Solid TS, crashes before i get to select new game!!!! :mad:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts