Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 251 Posts

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
This video is totally wrong! Spyhop, you're a close-minded idiot! /jk :lol:

Honestly though, this is a good video. It reminds me of a video I saw in my high school debate class.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
This will certainly provoke more religion debate, but I feel this is a very important video. There's a few people I can think of that would benefit by considering this message.

+100 internets for you, buddy. :thumb:

·
Drowning in a red state.
11,919 Posts
This will certainly provoke more religion debate, but I feel this is a very important video. There's a few people I can think of that would benefit by considering this message.

Reminds me of some religious people on the forum...
any of them that argue against the vid just prove their mental failure though.
:evil:

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Another great video that, while more specific to religion, goes along well with Spyhop's. The key is critical thinking. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Well there's no shame in being religious, following a certain religion or practicing it, so long as these views or beliefs aren't trying to be forced on others and maintain some common sense (Not referring to you, to clear that up.. :) )

I am Christian myself, however I do not disregard Evolution or it's theories and I don't inadvertently force my views on others and respect their beliefs. I admit that with any religion there is flaws, but I still hold faith in a "higher" power than me, the "higher" power doesn't necessarily have to be god.

·
Tushy :3
7,315 Posts
Hmm, I agree with you there, X. You sound like me. Hehe. The only thing that I don't agree on is that the higher power doesn't necessarily have to be God thing. I believe it is God. :p But, that's just my opinion. Lol.

·
Tushy :3
7,315 Posts
Spyhop, please don't take any offense to this, but I'm not a debater or arguer of any type. I really can't stand conflict. If I say why I believe what I do, it's going to really have a lot of people debate. I don't want to be dragged into the middle of that.

I believe what I believe in, but I'm always open for new ideas. I respect others' beliefs and I don't push people to believe in something that I believe in.

·
Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Spyhop, please don't take any offense to this, but I'm not a debater or arguer of any type. I really can't stand conflict. If I say why I believe what I do, it's going to really have a lot of people debate. I don't want to be dragged into the middle of that.

I believe what I believe in, but I'm always open for new ideas. I respect others' beliefs and I don't push people to believe in something that I believe in.
Yes Spyhop she means it and I should've seen this ages ago too... Just take her word for it :)

·
Curiously Cheddar
4,521 Posts

QualiaSoup has produced some pretty amazing videos. Very logical... No bull**** to them. Purely facts.

I love 'em.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
The key is critical thinking. ;)
Spot on.

Critical thinking produces open mindedness like nothing else. A lot of people go wrong while doing so anyway, though: by thinking you have done enough critical thinking for whatever purpose you required yourself to. One of many tools that help people in understanding this and developing themselves herein, is philosophy. Start as young as possible and find people with whom to "discuss" philosophical issues. Even go as far as to stimulate the curiosity of your children, and their constant questioning everything. Help them figuring out answers for themselves as much as possible. The effects of philosophizing from early on and keeping it up are significant in maximizing the intelligences one is able to facilitate.

An acquaintance of mine who is an internationally active professional philosopher always turns people to this Critical Thinking Website. Most people can benefit from it, so be sure to check it if you're interested in critical thinking. It's an excellent resource.

Reminds me of some religious people on the forum...
any of them that argue against the vid just prove their mental failure though.
:evil:
It reminds me of both atheists and theists off and on this forum. Religious preference really makes no difference to one's cognitive resources, whereas critical thinking often does.

1 - 20 of 251 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.