Site @ PC Engine emulator "Ootake"2009/11/09 2.21 released
- With Windows7/Vista, the problem that the drawing had been delayed of some
frames was solved. As a result, I think that the reaction after the JoyPad
is operated became it as well as WindowsXP.
* This is a specification of Vista/7 that should scold (the delay of three
frames is permitted). In game software for all WindowsXP(Direct3D),
this delay happens. It is necessary to change the video card driver's
setting to solve it. I brought the method together on the following
PC Engine emulator "Ootake" Factor that Win7/Vista is avoided from game player
- "Disable Aero (No Time-Lag, Recommend)" and "Use Aero (Time-Lag exists)"
were added to "Screen" menu. The delay of the display seems to happen
whenever the game for Direct3D is played on Windows7/Vista Aero(desktop
that can be made transparent etc.).
Because the delay spoils the interest of the action game and the shooting
game, play by "Disable Aero" is strongly recommended.
Moreover, it is possible to switch quickly with [Ctrl + F12] key.
- When setting it to the size of the window "x4" (Or, full-screen 1280x1024
or more), and, when "Setting->Screen->Special Scanlined" has been
selected, the bug that the color of the screen was not correctly displayed
- With Windows7/Vista, the best processing method of V-Sync is distinguished
by the automatic operation. As a result, "Win7/Vista Use Auto-V-Sync" of
"Setting->Screen" menu became unnecessary.
- When "Screen->FullScreen Customize->FullScreen Resolution Auto Change"
menu is used (for chiefly 15kHz display), the bug not to be able to do
resolution switch smoothly (generated from v0.96) was corrected.
- Additionally, a detailed part has been improved and corrected.
+ The execution file for "Windows 98/Me" was opened to the public. The
operation test is not done. Please see "Readme98.txt" in the ZIP file
about details and notes, etc.