Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the OoT hi res texture pack and I know at some point the project was abandoned and not completed. So some objects are high res and some aren't. Just curious if there's been any updates over the last while? Any googling on the subject yields old results.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have the OoT hi res texture pack and I know at some point the project was abandoned and not completed. So some objects are high res and some aren't. Just curious if there's been any updates over the last while? Any googling on the subject yields old results.
I am using Djipi's Cel shading pack its complete, It looks reeeealy impressive. I didnt take any screenshots of my own but here are some from the web..

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
there are several packs, check the Emutalk hires project threads in the 1964 board.

·
Menthol Flavored
3,925 Posts
AFAIK, there were some issues with one of the artists taking out his stuff that he contributed to the pack, thus setting the progress back. IIRC (I may be wrong), he was mad that people were ripping his stuff and putting his artwork in other projects without permission. As far as the other team members, I'm not too sure about them. I guess lack of interest or time may be why it's not complete yet. There are hundreds, if not thousands that need to be recreated in a texture pack. Some people lose interest before getting through to the quarter mark. :(

As Squall said, the official forum and discussion threads are at emutalk. You may be able to shed some more light on the topic by searching or digging through some threads there. Some of the official threads can be huge though. It might be hard to find out the status there.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
we told that ***** to **** the hell off. oh, then put the textures back :p

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
...i could evade the swear filter using magix, ..... but no.

·
Robot in Cosplay Disguise
7 Posts
Who are the original creators of the Hi-Res texture pack?

EDIT: Oh ****, necropost. DX Noticed it too late, sorry guys.

·
7 Posts
Do I take it that you are the original creator of the hi-res texture OoT Zelda? Or are you just showing screens? And these screens seem to show something different from the packs I've seen so far.

EDIT: Also, why is the TP Hylian shield an upgrade to OoT's shield? Shouldn't they have just updated the graphics by kept the design?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
the more well known packs only cover about 40% of the textures, the screens are from the community texture pack and is looking to be a 100% retexture.

·
7 Posts
Could I get a copy of this finished piece by any chance? I wish to present an LP with the updated skins as a bonus to my viewers to go along with the 100% run. If you guys have an MM re-texture, could you point me in the direction of that one too, please? I'm actually planning on doing a 100% run on pretty much the series, and I want to add in as many goodies as possible, such as including fan generated improvements.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts

·
7 Posts
Thank you, this helps alot. I know I asked this already, but is there a Majora's Mask project going on as well? Seeing as MM shares the same engine and all.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
i don't know of any active projects

1 - 20 of 25 Posts