Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Vodka Theme
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if there are any books online for any type of programing language. maybe only basics?

and another thing. i learn pascal and i was looking for a normal compiler (not dos based) and i found one: lazarus. but i have a problem.. i'm only learning with the: uses crt,newdelay libreries and the compiler can't recognize them and he asks for form and unit. can you tell me how to make it work or give me a name of a compiler?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
IIRC Delphi is like Pascal, but object-oriented, and has win32 compilers.

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
well you could find one... but thats up to you to find how since its illegal for me to say it here... ;)

·
Old Man
286 Posts
I wouldn't recommend using online 'book'/'tutorials' for learning language either. A programmer can never go without a good book in paper.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
mikeshoup said:
I wouldn't recommend using online 'book'/'tutorials' for learning language either. A programmer can never go without a good book in paper.
I'd agree with that. While online material can be useful in learning the basics and deciding if it's the right language for you, books tend to be more complete and better written. Though be careful, as there are plenty of really bad books. Do some research before buying though, as most languages tend to have a few authoritative books. For example, Perl's "Programming Perl" by Larry Wall et al.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts