Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just played SSB online via Project64k but I also saw a game called "Super Smash Bros Melee (U) [!]"

But I couldn't join it. Well of course you can't play Melee with Pj64k but how do you join a melee online game with Dolphin???
And yes I have SSBM on my PC so how do I play online with Dolphin ?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Go to "Start Netplay", but it'll be laggier. :(

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
You will need to know the IP address of the person you are playing the game with. To be honest i wouldnt bother, i did quite a lot of testing with this with a friend and its very slow, completely unplayable and will desync straightaway

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah ok I guess online play on Dolphin still isn't good enough to be really playable...What about the near Future ? Is it on the "implementation list" ?
Most games are fully playable and have Sound. I'd LOVE to play SSBB online. I mean REALLY online. Not that crappy Nintendo online support with so much delays that you can't play and the winner is decided by pure luck. I would really like to show my Brawl skills but it's impossible on Wii :(
So maybe one day REAL online play on dolphin...???

·
Least Likely to Succeed
236 Posts
Wait, WTF? Dolphin doesn't use Kaillera or anything like that, there's no way a Dolphin game could show up in PJ64k's game list. It was probably a hacked N64 ROM with nothing special about it except the name.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think so...
I just played online again with PJ64k and there was another Dolphin game. It was called "Gotcha Force". Don't know that game but you know you can see which emulator is used online. For Example Project 64k 0.13 or Mupen64. You can also see other online Emulator like Nestopia and stuff. And The Emulator of that Gotcha Force thing was called "Dolphin SVN"...
Maybe a secret version of Dolphin made by some mysterious guy who never told anything about it :D
No really I have no idea but if i find it again i can post a screen

·
Registered
37 Posts
ive tried aswell. for me and a friend the game itself worked perfectly on perfect speed and also online BUT the game desyncs TOO early. at least when ur about to start the game after charscreen it will desync immidiatly. soooo unplayable, unfortionatly. i hope so much that the dolphin team will improve the netplay to make it really online playable. this would change the entire smash community and finally we would have melee online tournaments. yummmi ^^
... well... i just keep on dreaming xD

·
Rpcs3 user :D
780 Posts
I've seem people playing The Legend of Zelda four swords on Dolphin, don't know if they were playing perfect or not but those people were playing a lot on Dolphin. I know this because I was playing Street Fighter 3 on Mame and I saw the game and four people playing it O_O

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah we could make something like a "Dolphin online Community" for Super Smash and other games with Tournaments and stuff.
With Mr.Game&Watch i'm UNSTOPPABLE think you can beat me???ANYONE?!?!? :D

I'd love to help improving dolphin but I suck at programming...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.