Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· ___GANTZ Fan Boy___
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought it today.

I think everyone know this game (if you have ps2, I'am sure that you've already play and finish this game).

This game is direct port from Ps2 (from chinese developer, under capcom's authorization).

Is there anything new in this release ??? ...........I guess not.

Everything is exactly the same of Ps2 version, texture is low resolution and even sound is not improved (I can't hear any REAL surround sound from my 5.1 setup)

Only benefit of playing this on Pc is using higher resolution and faster load time (but loading time on Ps2 is not so long anyway).

But this port has some flaws, Rumble function isn't support (I'am using Xbox joypad + usb convertor), and everytime you start the game, it will ALWAYS be in windows [email protected]*480 (no matter what resolution you set in graphic option) only way to play it Fullscreen is by pressing ALT+Enter (there is NO other option that make it run fullscreen)

And there is one option in Graphic settings that I don't really understand how it works, it's Light Mode option (there is no description of this option anywhere, even in manual), when turned on, the game LOCK my resolution to 640*480 :hdbash: but when I compare the On/OFF picture, I found NO Difference :???: . So I just turn that off and set resolution to 1024*768 /w AA4X.... and it look pretty good :p .

One last flaw that I've found is missing of some Special Effect, if you take a look at this picture, you'll see that Ps2 version has FOG, but it's gone in Pc oO. And can you notice that texture resolution on Pc is Exactly the same level of Ps2 (look at cloth's texture and you'll see :hdbash: ).
[Lower pic is Ps2 version.]

Here are some pics.
I think it look pretty good, despite low-res texture it uses.

P.s. If anyone know this, please tell me.
1. How to make rumble function works (if it even support in this game:p ).
2. How to Fix startup resolution to desired level.
3. What exactly the "Light Option" does ?

· band
5,270 Posts
looks really good :) i must say that the lack of fog makes it look a lot less real tho compared to the ps2 version.

· ___GANTZ Fan Boy___
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Some more pics of Special Costumes..... yeah, yeah.. I know that you've already seen this, but I'll post it anyway :laugh: .

Samanosuke's panda suit is back..... This time, really evil :evil: .

Jean..Ugh!! sry.... Jack's Eastern costume.

Michelle in bath towel. :wub:
(Ummm.... She wears her underware even in towel.)

D.D. said:
looks really good :) i must say that the lack of fog makes it look a lot less real tho compared to the ps2 version.
Yep... I agree, but using higher resolution still make Pc version looks wonderful :) .

· European Citizen xD
353 Posts
I used 3D-Analyse and i got ingame.
This is a program that can emulate stuff like pixel shader to help your video card in games.
But my Pc is really not up to this...Ingame graphics is screwed ,fps low..
Damn this was too good to be true, i hope at least MGS2 will work.

· Prince of Persia
1,105 Posts
The game is really fun. I'm playing it right now. I think I got to the second boss of the game. But the game is Japanese, I don't know how to get it in English. I do know that game has English Voice Overs... But the other part is in French with Japanese sub-title. :( Does anyone know how to get the English Sub-titles?

Anyway this game is really fun and makes me real sad that I don't have any current gen console. :cry:

· Sword of the King™
400 Posts
Awesome game. Already liked Onimusha 2 on the PS2.
Played Onimusha 3 on the PS2 at a friend's house a few times and I loved it.
Glad to have it on the PC now. An analog gamepad is a must for this game.

· I m meow desu! ^_^
5,631 Posts
flowrent said:
Hi i installed this game but when i run it i get an error .

Does this mean i dont meet the minimum system requirements?
I have a 1.4 ghz,256 ram,gf2mx400 64 ram with 53.03 drivers and win xp sp2.
Download the latest drivers from nVidia's site.

· European Citizen xD
353 Posts
I don't think it will run no matter the driver,also tried the game on 2400+/512 ram/Asus Radeon 9250 w/128 mb and still it won't run .
Which fukking pixel shader it wants ?
Anyway is Ubisoft version out ? Anything changed ?
I still can't find out any system requirements for any of the versions ..the asian and the ubisoft one.
If anyone does have the ubisoft game please post the system requirements.

· I m meow desu! ^_^
5,631 Posts
I have problem with the control in PC version now.
Can someone explain how to use the arrow or the combo...Plz

· ___GANTZ Fan Boy___
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Prafull said:
:???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
Nothing can beat your SS :lol: .

Has the demo been released already ?
Is it UBI version demo ?
Is there anything improved from early version ?
.....Do I ask too much ? :p

· PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
flowrent said:
Hi i installed this game but when i run it i get an error .

Does this mean i dont meet the minimum system requirements?
I have a 1.4 ghz,256 ram,gf2mx400 64 ram with 53.03 drivers and win xp sp2.
the site clearly states the game has no support for the GF4 MX so the GF2 is totally out of the question ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.