Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Any luck figure out why One does load after saving and why it sees 6 memory with your bios clone?
If data was saved, then it does hang during booting - that happens right after checking the memory cards. So it's probably related to the saved data (not related to uninitialized data). But I don't know yet what it doesn't like about its saved data.
Showing 6 memory cards seems to be the normal/desired effect. Same happens with Sony's original BIOS, too. Theoretically there should be 8 memory cards (with multitap), but I think the game's GUI simply doesn't support showing more than 6 cards.
Although, I could try disabling the multitap emulation, maybe that fixes the hang-after-saving problem (in case there's a bug, either in my multitap emulation, or in the games multitap support).

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I've tried disabling the multitap emulation: It's actually fixing the hang during boot problem. Three test cases:

1. (works) (4+4 cards)
Slot 1: Four EMPTY memory cards
Slot 2: Four EMPTY memory cards

2. (works) (1+4 cards)
Slot 1: One memory card with gameposition
Slot 2: Four EMPTY memory cards

3. (hangs, doesn't work) (4+1 cards)
Slot 1: One memory card with gameposition, and three EMPTY memory cards
Slot 2: One EMPTY memory cards

So, the problem seems to occur if one Slot contains more than one memory card, with a game position saved on one of those cards. But I still don't know if it's a bug in the game, or a bug in the emulation. For the emulation, I've verified if the NEW_CARD flag works same as on hardware (the idea was that the multitap might automatically set that flag when accessing a different sub-slot, but it turned out that the multitap hardware doesn't do any such magic, and it appears to work just same as in no$psx).

Two things that would be good to know:

On real hardware: Does the game "One" work with multiple memory cards (on real multitap hardware)?
In no$psx: Are there any other games that support more than two memory cards (via multitap)? And if yes, do those games work with no$psx?

Would be great if somebody could test one (or both) of that things!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts