Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One question and one inquiry!!!

First the inquiry---------

I recently found this psx game cd at my friends place.It has 4 different games i.e. its a multiple game cd.Are such cds legal?(Even the 4 games are from different companies).Just want to know If I play such a CD would I be breaking a law?

Now the question-------

Out of these 4 games the other three work alright on other emus except cvgs(In cvgs It doesnt even respond at game selection screen).

The fourth game is called "MULAN" (I dont know how good or bad is this game) looks like its a disney animation game(I have never played such games).

The game runs in actual psx.I can not play it in Epsxe.If anyone have this game he would know.Actually game menus reaches to the stage where you are asked to select your name and as soon as you select,Game starts to load and never really loads(I mean it stucks at that point).

You can ask me to try other emulators but none of them plays it I guess.FPSE reaches to the same spot as epsxe but when you try to select your name game exits automatically.Adripsx does the same as fpse .

If you people want,I can post some screenshots from the game itself.

I hope someone replies to both of these.(And I want to know from administrators whether such questions are allowed or not?)

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
multiple games on a CD are always bootleg ones, and as such arre NOT legal. I haven't found a legal multiple game PSX CD yet, so i guess it's safe to say that.

as for some games not booting up on the emulators, i can't answer that, because i havent bought one of those multiple CDs yet. however, they sure work on actual PSX hardware. dunno how they do it....there's probably a game selection menu at bootup.

...and Mulan Sux. :p

S

·
0 Posts
Prafull, you asked for a response from an administrator and you've got one. Asking a question about whether or not something is illegal is okay. But providing liinks to, or telling where you got the illegal item (if it is determined to be illegal) is not okay by any means. Since all you did was to tell about the CD and ask about the games on it, you're fine.
Unfortunately, as Shiori_Fujisaki said, it is most probably a bootleg(illegal) copy. I only know of a few PSX CDS (originals) that have more than one game on them and these are collections of arcade games. Examples are the Namco Museum CDs, the Midway Collection CDs, and the Williams Collection CDs. There may be others also, but I'm not sure what they are.
Since this is, most likely, a bootleg copy, that is more than likely why it has some problems w/the emus. Especially ePSXe. It is well known that ePSXe does not like illegal copies and has problems w/them. Hope this clears it up for you. Take care.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
FF chronicles/anthologies are double-disc games.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
FF chronicles/anthologies are double-disc games.
Guess that's the second time you've corrected me. What would I do without you! :D I guess that means the 'froshy' essence still hasn't rubbed off of me yet. :D

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
it's not that, but i could tell that you don't have both FF games, else you would've known. :)

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Pardon my noobyness, but are they full games, or just demos? 'Cause I mean, there are Demo discs. And they're legal, right? Right?

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Originally posted by EfrainMan
Pardon my noobyness, but are they full games, or just demos? 'Cause I mean, there are Demo discs. And they're legal, right? Right?
well, they ARE full versions. as for their legality, well....you get the point. :)

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
OOH OOH I know! I got the free demo disc that you could get by mailing that little card thingy that came in the PS2 box, it had legal demos of 11 games, 3 game preview, and a FF Movie trailer. I feel like I've redeemed myself :D

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Ahh. Thnx! :D

BTW, are those playable?

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Yup. Batteries not included though. :D

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by sxamiga
Hope this clears it up for you. Take care.
sincerely,
sx/amiga
Thanks sxamiga!! So kind of you :) .That clears all doubt whatsoever.Btw I am not still very much sure about that useless post announcement.
I mean if someone replies to your query and you need to say "thanks,that solves the problem" You need to post(just as I have done here).I think it will not be considered as a useless post or is it?

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
i don't think an act of gratitude constitutes a "useless post" :) however, a single smiley, and repeated instances of it, is an example of a "useless post". :)

at least, that's what i think it should be. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts