Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes folks, I may be the only one who cares about this, but whatever...

One Piece Premired this weekend on the FOX BOX. Better late than never, who knows, maybe the U.S. will finally get a game based on the show.

Here's a link to a fan site on One Piece for those not familiar with the show.

http://www.megspace.com/internet/onepieceteam/Punman1.htm

By the way this site is not in English, but the pictures are nice...

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
it's on fox? o.0

meh, they still have 111 episodes to make to catch up to kaizoku fansubs, and over 200 to catch up to japan :p

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I knew I saw this somewhere on TV.....

well it'll probably tank like every other anime in the USA....(note how I said every other) ;)

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
...........why do they dub them? They never are as good as the original actors... Plus the censorship.

Can't they read in america? But, then again it's just the same here(they also dub them here)....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The show will last...I have my one American T.V. set locked onto the show...It's enough for the ratings...Trust me...

I feel like I'm on an Island sometimes...Not one person I know around my town had a clue about this show...Am I alone...

At leat I have Ghost in the Shell to watch and try to figure out if this show goes down. For some reason somebody picked up on Ghost in the Shell 2 and is running commericals for the American DVD of this...No mention of the original Movie though...

American anime stops at Yu-Gi-OH! and Pokemon for most peoples...

·
Nobody Knows Him
526 Posts
It's the same with me, WEXP.

But that thing is gonna change when we are doing to America next year :p

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
so... when exactly is it on on fox? (day? time?) i didnt see any advertisements for it

btw, for anyone who cares, k-f is releasing episode 113 today :p

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Radix865 said:
Can't they read in america? But, then again it's just the same here(they also dub them here)....
no sir they can't....getting people to read on a TV screen is like pulling teeth.

72da9 said:
American anime stops at Yu-Gi-OH! and Pokemon for most peoples...
Yugioh was NEVER intended to be this big in the US. It's just trial and error....you can't assume anything in the united states. Surprisenly, some americans are still pissed at the Japanese for WW2 -_-

·
Registered
287 Posts
That's awesome news, One Piece is one of my favorite... too bad the R1 dvd's are going to suck ass. (aka check out the sonic x dvds :( )

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
72da9 said:
who knows, maybe the U.S. will finally get a game based on the show.
What??? One Piece - Grand Battle hasn't been released in the US, yet?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I first saw the show on Fox Box it was a Sunday morning Cartoon hour. It was this or watch infomertials and or church t.v. programs.

Most likely it is also on during the standard Saturday Cartoon hour.

F-3582, that's my point...There are no One Piece games released for the U.S. market yet and as of now my Japanese is a little rusty. Go figure...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts