Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been fiddling with the graphics settings in ePSXe and have come upon something interesting. I was told to play in 640x480, put when I select that as the full screen res, it shoves the game screen all the way down to the lower left corner. I checked my monitor's positional settings for 640x480 and the screen is centered normally so that's not the problem. Anyone know why? (BTW, what does the "change desktop" option due?)

m19

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm guessing you are using one of Pete's graphics plugins, all the "change desktop setting" does is when you go full screen is that it changes to the resolution you have set as your fullscreen mode, so... if you have it unticked it goes fullscreen but it keeps to the resolution that you are currently in on your desktop.

So, in other words.. just keep "change desktop settings" ticked.

BOB

·
Registered
136 Posts
Change Desktop Setting tries to force Windows to change it to the res that you specify!
As I've found out in Windows XP this doesn't work! What you need to do (with XP) is to start the game in window mode, and then press ALT+Enter to switch to Full Screen and it'll sucessfully change it! :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Re: Hmmm...

Originally posted by Morgan19
I got the window to size right at 640, but now the text in battles looks awful...
Just copy my config then, its filtering the 2d bitmap graphics in your pic, have your filtering type set to '..w/o sprites - unfiltered 2D'

1 - 5 of 5 Posts