Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm using ePSXe 2.05 for Windows and I CANNOT figure out this video issue that I've encountered.
It's more obvious in the pictures but my games (currently The Legend of Dragoon, US version) are having an issue where the On-Screen Events are not aligning with pre-rendered BGs.

I've tried:
Re-installing ePSXe
Using different ISOs
Every video setting change I can imagine

The YELLOW lines show where the events SHOULD BE and the GREEN shows the furthest my character can walk to the left, even though they should be able to walk all the way to the wall. As you can see, for some reason, the alignment is almost fine towards the middle of the screen but gets worse and worse as it reaches the edges.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Seasoned ePSXe User
633 Posts
Whenever you are playing a game with 3D character models and 2D prerendered backgrounds you have to play that game at it's original 4:3 aspect ratio. This is because the 2D backgrounds get stretched too which misaligns the coordinates that the 3D models relying on for positioning. Make sure you have the "GTE Hack" "Widescreen" unchecked. Most of the time when you have a problem like yours it is due to the use of the GTE Widescreen hack. Only use the GTE Widescreen hack for pure 2D games, pure 3D games or games with 2D sprite character models and 3D backgrounds (like Xenogears). Never use it with 3D characters and 2D prerendered backgrounds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts