Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in line of course ;)

The PSP as most of you know is launching on March 24th for MSRP $249.99! Now that's still pretty high but not that bad for everything it does. I went to my local gamecrazy and they first said they had to bundle it with 3 games and 1 accessory (which ebgames and gamestop.com are still doing) because of limited quantities or something so I was like "hell no I'm not going to pre-order!".

But I went there again and they changed it so you only have to buy the system, so I got my pre-order in before there gone :thumb: and the only really good launch title is Ridge Racers. I would have said Metal Gear Acid but the card system is really wrong for this series.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
As much as i'm so stoked to get one, I'm gonna wait a bit till the first price drop.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Price drop, price drop. Then again, the last hand-held system I had was a gamegear... so even this isn't likely going to impress me. Then again, I could be in some cash soon, so I could use something like that while traveling... *shrug*. Ah well, time will tell. :)
- Modem

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I'll wait for the second gen of them, when the price most likely will drop and I can see if there are enough good games for it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Well I'm sticking with my Nintendo DS :p. It's enough that Sony has such a large percent of the home console market. I don't think they need control of the handheld one too.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I want one but none of the games appeal to me. Still waiting for soul calibur port or Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. Plus like any system most games released at launch are average games.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
__Xzyx987X said:
Well I'm sticking with my Nintendo DS :p. It's enough that Sony has such a large percent of the home console market. I don't think they need control of the handheld one too.
I would have gotten the DS but Nintendo has already said it's not the successor to GBA, and that a new GB is in development. So it's more like one of Nintendo's inovative experiments then it is a mainstream handheld like the GBA.

The reason the PSP is $249.99 is because it's the value pack that was released in japan that comes with a nice set of headphones, 32 MB Memory Stick Duo, Soft case and cleaning cloth, And the first ever UMD film Spider-Man 2 in full version!

I'm sure Sony will release the standalone system within a few months at a cheaper price.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Valcrist said:
I'll wait for the second gen of them, when the price most likely will drop and I can see if there are enough good games for it.
I don't know if there will be a second generation device. Instead of like the PS2's are they will be releasing firmware downloads so new consoles (handhelds) won't have to be developed. Basically to save Sony money but also so everyone is on the same version of the console, which helps with compatibility and adding new features.

As for the "Value Pack" as they call it, even with the Spider-man 2 UMD, it is still more than the Japan Value Pack, so yea in North America it is more expensive. Sony has no plans to release a standalone PSP with no extras, so for now if you wanna get it right away you're stuck with getting the value pack.

Xzyx987X said:
Well that's not a great attitude ... I'm so thankful Nintendo's finally getting some real competition. Without this innovation isn't somwething that would come quickly ... I bet without gamegear and wonderswan, we would just have the GBC right now ... But to have both Handhelds is pretty useless anyways, so you have a point. I mean, most of the games will be released on both anyways :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts