Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup...attached is a demo that came out last year that is 64K in size and will blow you away. It plays for over 15 minutes...
I'm still in awe...
+-

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
i cant run the thing right now, im using the schools Win2k....but whatever this is, 1.9 gig compressed to 64K HAS to contain a lot of hot air.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope no hot air...you will see....BTW I forgot to add that it REQUIRES DX8 minimum...

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
too bad, the comp's got only DX7. :p but ill take it home with me though, and check it out.

anyway....released last year? i wonder why i haven't heard of it then....a compression breakthrough like that, if true, should've been widespread by now.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by fivefeet8
freaken long demo dude.. Looks pretty good too.. Where can I get the program to compress like that?
From my understanding they used a modified version of a packing program called UPX, the info is on there page whose URL is included in the ZIP. The need to release there versiojn or sell it or something. That kind of compression needs to be out in the public...

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
What they say is not correct. Ever heard of looping stuff? All it is about 4 scenes looped with different camera angels. Not 1gig of stuff. If it was actually over 1gb of stuff compressed to 64k imagine how much GBs worth of data Max Payne or Q3 is!

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
now that is one totally trashed desktop. Im surprised you didn't get a BSOD immediately. good thing i didnt try it yet. :p

·
Registered
965 Posts
/me sighs

This is like, the billionth time this has come up on this forum, and even the first time, it was pretty old ;p

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
ok, so CD makes it clear (yet again :p) that this is a hoax. :cool: so much for being awed. ;)

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
well it_could_ happen. :emb: but not now. Not even in 20 years. :p

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The file he attached was just a PC demo (a little movie with some music to show what the developer of it could do) but it has trouble with some video cards so that may be why you got the screwed up screen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts