Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for a good old PC games that would run well on my TNT2 machine, any recommendation would be appreciated. RPG, Adventure or FPS, just name your game and give a short review if possible. Thanks. :heh:

EDIT: just noticed lot of words missing. :p

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Baldurs Gate 2 might run well, if your CPU is faster than 300 mHz. It's a very good RPG, ask Kaiser about it ;) You can also look for reviews at gamefaqs.

FPS: The first parts of the Delta Force series might be nice. But DF2 runs like crap, it's hardware acceleration is slower than software, even when with a TNT2, which is even recommended oO
But DF3 might run well if your CPU is 500mHz.

And what about the PC versions of Final Fantasy 7 and 8 :p

·
Premium Member
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heh, actually, I am looking for games that I have not played, I will give System Shock and Delta Force series ago, played BG, and FF7/8 of course. :p Any more recommendation? ;) I got Duron 800mhz btw. :)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Fallout 1 and 2 absolutly. Will run ok and its one of the bests RPG ever

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you tried Heroes 3 (strategy) or Heroes of Might and Magic VII(RPG). I think its good with specs like that but i bet uve already played them..how bout "The Incredible Machine"(Puzzle) its classic..or the broken sword(point click) series which is just ok..also try Thief and halflife and jedi knight 2:jedi OUTcast....Im playing Doom 3 right now and i think halflife is much better comparing its story,doom 3 has only "nice" visuals..I'm waiting 4 my copy of gothic 2 and Leisure suit larry Magna cum laude,sweet..I'll update u soon as i dig up my pile..this is my first post..hehe

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Kellicros said:
I am looking for a good old PC games that would run well on my TNT2 machine, any recommendation would be appreciated. RPG, Adventure or FPS, just name your game and give a short review if possible. Thanks. :heh:
Wow... a TNT2, brings back lots of good memories...

If you liked the kind of RPG style (D&D) featured in BGII then I suggest you try Fallout I and II (though these are really old), Planetscape Torment, Icewind Dale I and II.
In the FPS category you could try Serious Sam which is of the few true FPSs out there...
Adventure games... I'd say Shadowman, the Blood Omen series and also Oni (though this one is more like a beat 'em up, but hell of addicting)...

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
All the PSX games! Duke3D, JK2, Shogo:MAD, All the ole SkummVM games like Sam 'N' Max, Simon the Sorcerer and Day of the Tentacle. Silver I heard was pretty good, but my copy is toasted, Anachronox.....

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Silver is a nice game, but it is very different from other RPG's I've played, but you might want to give it a try :)

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
The Longest Journey, All the old Lucasarts games, Kings Quest(they are all good but 1-4 for sure are dos only), Simon the Sorcerer, Curse of Enchantia, Anachronox, Kingpin (Pretty good FPS that doesn't get much mention these days), Any of the Age of Empires games (Good RTS, with Multiplayer capability), Omnicron: The Nomad Soul....Oh and Outcast ...from infograms

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Well, if you are into Sierra adventure games then I suggest you give the Quest for Glory series a try... though be warned, lots of patches to download for each QfG title...

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Well, Diablo II is only fun if you intend to play online... solo-ing the game will take you through the first difficulty level but hardly through the other two... at least in my opinion.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,477 Posts

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
Here is the all good list I love (550 mhz here)

1) Tomb Raider 1,2,3(Adventures of Lara Croft) ,4(The last revelation) ,5(Chronices) + Special TR games . All work nice with settings maxed to top .

2) Unreal Tournament : My all time favourite FPS . Ask any one (sane) about it ;)

3) Quake games : QuakeGL , Quake2 , Quake 3 Arena (Nearly as good but beware you can't get the maximum of it)

4) Virtua Fighter 2 : I had a time when I've liked these series , 2 is the 2nd best after 4 (oh and 4 revolution :p )

5) Resident Evil games : No comment . (oh there is a comment , you must play RE2 )

6) Need for speed 2 (SE) , 3 and 5(Porche unleashed) : I'm not so good at racings but NFS2 had some of the best things I can imagine . The best tracks I've ever seen too (Design side)

7) Diablo 2 : A good RPG really

8) Baldur's Gate 1,2 : Same above

9) Final Fantasy 7,8 : No comment (Oh there is really , These were Square days when they cared for pc players ;) )

10) Red Alert 2 : Well it was the besta t it's time .

11) Star Craft : Same above .

12) Hitman

* Good dos games :
1) Dangerous Dave : John Romero ;)
2) Dangerous Dave in haunted mansion : John Romero ;)
3) Doom 1,2,plutonia
4) Prince of Persia 1,2
5) SSA (That was the name of the disc , but i can't remember the exact name , it was about exploring old civilisations )
6) Catacomb : John Romero ;)
7) Tyran 2000 (Wow) A very good shootem up (the best)

*Moderate games :
1) Last Bronx : A fighting game made by Sega with anime movies , was cool but had many bugs in it's system where u can finish the game with one or 2 moves :p

2) Unreal : That was before UT . Same engine though .

3) POP3D : The 3rd POP which couldn't serve POP fans much .

4) Virtua COP 2 : I hope they make 3

5) House of the dead 1,2 : A slightly better VC2 with zombies instead of Terrorists

6) Mega Man X 3 : Well If youa re a mega man fan

7) Rune : Based on Unreal Tournment engine

There are more but for some reason i can't remember much today :p

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
I can't let a thread like this pass by without mentioning MechWarrior 2! :D
Ever since I first played the game, I've been attached to it. It has a lot of different missions for both clans and a lot of them are quite difficult (at least they were for me :p). If you want to see some pictures of one of the hardware accelerated versions, take a look at my thread :). The original might not want to run under Windows (I've had problems running it on every PC I've tried) but the expansion pack (Ghost Bear's Legacy) runs flawlessly under Win9x.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts