Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will buy a new 3d card and a new Power Supply tomorrow afternoon.Is there something I should know before the installation?

Since that power supply is obviously more powerful than my current one, will it's "power" be recognized automaticly through the bios and act like it's the new one or will I have to config it manually?

I need EVERYTHING I should know about all this.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
ummmm...nothing in the CP cares what size PSU you are using... the only reason different wattages may have an affect is due to power drain from devices (hd, video, etc...)

PC doesn't "recognize" a PSU...

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Ya... there are nothing to configure for a psu.
But what happens when you don't have enough power? Like if you use a 200W PSU on a modern comp? Will it just shut down when it's not getting enough power when trying to go at top speed?

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I guess, ChrisRay told me some about that.

So nothing to configure in the bios. I'll leave it as it is?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nothing to config, the power supply only supplies.. well.. power. Withou any config :>
The more power the better and safer, make sure the rails have enough juice.
And i dont think there is anything you have to config for the graphic card, maybe just set its ram size and thats it...

have fun with it ;]

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot, you've been of a great help. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.