Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, my machine is stabilized and my connection is back. Everything works fine and dandy. Except a few annoyances.

1: CD-ROMs or DVDs won't autorun, nor will it give me that window where I can choose my options when I insert one. I've checked the drive's autorun properties, the autorun registry key, and even tried Tweak UI, but everything seemed normal.

2: FireFox can't use Windows Media Player as a plugin for some reason. Where it should be it just says "plugin missing" or something. And when I click it it provides a link to WMP10, which I already have and even reinstalled.

I think that's all the problems I'm having, the latter being more of a nuisance than the former. Anyone know what's up?

Whew, man, what a week. That's it, I'm getting Partition Magic and Norton Ghost or something. I don't wanna go through this bull****tery again.

Anyway, thanks again in advance.

·
War Games coder
1,927 Posts
Acronis ain't cheap, but it is quite a bit better. Most notable is its support for hardware RAID arrays, while Norton's main page states that they do not support them. (We recently had to ditch our plan to use Norton Ghost to backup a RAID system and chose Acronis instead).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.