Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sorry about this really i am, buti downloaded from m3dzone,com and it said NVIDIA DETONATOR DRIVERS 12.40 AND WHEN I INSTALL IT WHEN I GOTO SETTINGS AND AVDANCED OPTIONS IT SAYS ELSA 3 or sumthin like that, now i defnitly downloaded nvidia drivers so why is it sayin this!????

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
There is no need to get so worried man.......!
Elsa is a company that also develops 3D cards using the Nvidia Chipsets.So this company has developed a Detonator.......for their card.
This Detonator can be used with all the cards that use Nvidia Chipset......!

Ali
M.L.A

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Don't you first need to uninstall your old drivers and then install the new ones? Thats what the readme that came with my detonators said.:confused:

S

·
0 Posts
CD, the drivers from m3dzone are not Elsa branded. They say Nvidia. I know because that is where I got them from, following your advice.
Asz, no , you do not need to uninstall your old drivers. You can install the new Detonator 12.40s right over top of what ever Detonator drivers you're using. That is what I don when I upgrade.
Liaqatali, just because the drivers carry the Elsa name, does not mean that they are made by Elsa. They aren't. They are still Nvidia Detonators just w/out the Nvidia name. By putting their own name on certain releases of the Detonators, Elsa can, sometimes, add other utilties of their own. Even the GEForce graphics processor chip on Elsa cards is made by Nvidia not Elsa.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks for clearin that upbut what really annoys me is that when it says it is elsa and not nvidia i cant overclock my F**kin card n e more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well at least it works now and i can see the major improvement its made espicially with epsxe and sound(i can get perfect fmvs now! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA(no offence)) and i was already gettin gr8 speech funny thing is my music is shit! its normally gr8 music shit speec hbut o well im sure that wont b as much of a problem wit the new version of epsxe WHICH WILL KICK ASS MIGHT I SAY

S

·
0 Posts
No problem on clearing it up. If you elect to get the Nvidia branded drivers, I think youll get a utility to over clock. Elsa does not like over clocking so they don't include a utility to do this. Glad you like the drivers, they are fantastic. They have improved my music as well.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 9 of 9 Posts