Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to different websites, using the same plugins and settings as I use(also pretty much same hardware-t-bird-duron, 384MBs ram-512MB, GF2-GF2MX). The only difference *may* be windows versions. Anyways, in this game, there can be a ton of slowdown, especially on the 'hard' coarses. There's also quite a few graphical problems(N.Y. Disaster being the worse). In N.Y. Disaster, EVERYTHING has all these funky colors which keep shifting. I'll grab a screen shot it I must.

I usually run with Pete's D3D 1.5, ePSXe sound, ePSXe Win2K CDR plugin, and of coarse, the 1001 BIOS. System is a [email protected] running with a GF2MX, 512MB ram, SBLive, CDRom drive being used is a Ricoh MP7060A writer, Running Windows 2000 SP2 DX8 IE5.5, and Running the 12.41 detonators now. Also AGP is set to 2X(4 is still a little buggy) and aperature is at 4MB. 256 doesn't help and I don't have a need as it makes the system a bit more unstable.

Does anyone else have this problem(it's supposed to have perfect graphics...according to others). I've tried pretty much all the video plugins for ePSXe that there are. The software ones look the worst as they draw a part screen-non textured/missing textured- game...they seem to like using the shades of white to a greenish color also(where textures should be)...don't even ask about all the transparent objects EVERYWHERE... ;-)

·
Registered
1 Posts
mine works fine

[/Mine works ok in 98% i´m using

Lewpy´s, Pete Midas 1.7, Pete´s CDR Aspi 1.5

in a Celeron 266, Voodoo 3, Yamaha XGSIZE]
:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: mine works fine

Originally posted by eNeoe
[/Mine works ok in 98% i´m using

Lewpy´s, Pete Midas 1.7, Pete´s CDR Aspi 1.5

in a Celeron 266, Voodoo 3, Yamaha XGSIZE]
:D

I've tried settings like that except the CD plugin(I only get to use the Win2K CDR one or a ISO image)...it's still giving some nasty slowdown and/or major graphical problems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
here's a heavily compressed screenshot of the game...it's pretty bad :-D

If it doesn't show up or takes FOREVER to download, then blame the host. They've been really slow lately and I may have to move to a new one.

Pete's D3D AND OGL

Segu's D3D

These are just two examples of how bad all the plugins are...I won't even mantion what's happening with Pete's Software plugin...it looks terrible for some reason in THIS game...

This race is the worst off...other levels run a little better/worse speed-wise but this is really bad graphically. The only problems on other levels is the water textures not displaying correctly(or so it seems on one of the medium levels and the other two hard ones). NO other race has these color problems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone else have problems with 'this' track? Most of the others look/almost look like they're supposed to...and run 'ok'. The sound still isn't synced up with the graphics...can notice this when the countdown begins at the start of a race. Sometimes, the sound gets to '1' and the graphics still show '3'... :-/

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All of the software drivers look terrible on this track... It works fine on the PSOne so I know it's not the disc's fault. The rest of the tracks also look pretty much fine. I don't know why this one is so horrible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts