Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really need some HELP with that :(
i am trying this (to emulate vagrant story PAL on an emulator perfectly) since early year 2000 now.

and - with the eternal spu and pete 1.54 (SOFT(!)plugin, sound and gfx could be PERFECT in ePSXe and the SOUNDFX are almost perfect with the eternal spu - but - there is just this one MUSIC thing with the PAL version of the game (i don´t know if this occurs when emulating the ntsc version):

the music ALWAYS plays ~7 frames SLOWER than the FPS are.
that means, the (PAL VERSION) game runs with 50 frames, but the sound needs exaclty 57 frames to play in accurate speed (compared to original psx and VirtualGameStation where the MUSIC
is emulated quite good).

SO, when switching to 57 frames per second (under pete´s soft or d3d or whatever from pete or any other gfx plugin) the music-timing is just perfect, but the GAME runs to FAST ---- it is NOT difficult to play then, most people may not even recognize the speed change. BUT just look at the INGAME-play time "stop watch". (in the game menu during play) you notice that the time runs quite faster.

so what can i do???? in vgs the music and the gfx work perfectly together, but the FOOTSTEPS and all the other crappy sounds......

who can solve this problem?
i already posted a similar post on the old (psxemu forums) and some people said that other square games also have this problem under epsxe, but noone could help. most people said it´s because of the epsxe core, but can´t SOMEONE modify an spu plugin, so that you can change the speed of the ingame music, or something?

please help!! and thanks in advance!

also some experience with the ntsc-version of vagrant story could help!!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Andy's last SPU-release included some special fixes for some games. May be it can fix the issue.
I don't know exactly which games it fixes but may be Vagrant Story is one of them.

*Update*: Vagrant Story is one the games for which Andy's SPU has a "pitch modulation". This Pitch thing sounds like it could fix the problem :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope, thanks, but i already tried this ;-)

well, i could give it another shoot, cause i don´t exactly remember which version from andy i used (usually i try every new spu plugin out there, oh well..)

well, but thank you anyways! it´s great that you people really try to help!

any ntsc experiences with vagrant story?

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
I am running the ntsc version of Vagrant Story using the Eternal spu and the music sounds good.. The openning intro music is perfect.. Ingame music seems perfect.. Epsxe must have some timing problems with the Pal version? No more beeps for footsteps, yay!!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8
I am running the ntsc version of Vagrant Story using the Eternal spu and the music sounds good.. The openning intro music is perfect.. Ingame music seems perfect.. Epsxe must have some timing problems with the Pal version? No more beeps for footsteps, yay!!
If its about Vagrant story,
Well everyone should take advice from and believe this guy.Why?Just take a look at his vagrant story screenshots and you will know what fun he is having playing that game.(Neway keep discussing the problems about it as I am about to buy it).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, that sounds good!

i hope i´ll get my hands on a ntsc version, soon!
i wonder if it would help to patch the game (somehow) to get it to ntsc?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts