Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These days, I've been playing Star Ocean 2: The Second Story, I completed the first disc, and it says there "This is the last part of disc 1 bla bla bla, would you like to save your game?" I chose yes. After saving, a black screen was showed and like nothing's happening. I closed my emulator and ran it again, this time, I chose disc 2 instead of disc 1 (it came to my mind that there might be a "load game" so that I could continue playing) but it showed there "Please insert Disc 2." Please help me I do not know what to do.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
When you're prompted for the next disc, press escape to return to ePSXe's GUI, click File>Change Disc>CDROM, then Run>Continue. Couldn't be any easier than that.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
if you are playing on 1.7.0 and are running the game from images of the disc(s) then you need to either switch to a previous version and do the disc change on that or you need to run the game directly from the game disc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
In theory, couldn't u just alt+tab out of the emulator and mount the new disk to the same drive as the old one, like when installing a multi-disk game?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
in theory, maybe. ive seen people report that it works but ive also seem some that say it doesnt do anything at all. i cant really say how effective it would be compared to the other two work-arounds i mentioned before, which from my own experience and observations on how they work other users as well, always get around this bug.

if you want to try it though there is no need to alt+tab out (it might mess something up if you do that actually), you just want to press esc to return to the GUI and then do everything else from there.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Switching Disks on a virtual drive works fine, anyone that has issues with doing it thsi way is just doing it wrong.

Changing via switch ISO however is fubarred,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts