1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Core i7 975 @ 5Ghz > Phenom 2 x4 955 @ 6.89Ghz

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is it just me or is Squall as bad as tuanming who was trying to convince everyone that Core i7 was the second coming of Jesus?
Jejeje... No, squall is a pretty OK dude (he??\she??\internetz person???) ... Its just that he's sometimes a little b*i*t*c*h*y... mostly when he knows (or thinks) he's right about something, and anybody tries to second guess him...

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
lol

no, i've just seen the super pi rates between these 2 and clocks = zilch. the AMD line just lacks the optimised and updated extensions.

also, if thats a overclock record, then what is this? http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=556849

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
you'd be wrong. the Core i7's increase the performance of multigpu configs.

·
Your resident reaper...
7,319 Posts
Its about performance per clock. Not the overclock when doing a fight between two different types of CPU.
QFFT. Yes, overclocking capability plays a significant factor for most of us when building a new PC, but it's not the end all be all. It really comes down to just value. Too many have I seen not spend enough to suit their needs, and too many I've seen spend too much for their needs.

Like I said before, if you want to spend the money for an i7 and pump out a few unnoticable (if any at all) difference in FPS, go right ahead. You do that while I spend the money saved towards something else :)

And don't misunderstand, I'm not saying the i7 is bad. It just isn't worth the cost for the vast majority of PC owners out there. Even a regular gamer like myself doesn't need more then my current rig to enjoy todays mainstream titles.

·
Mhm.
2,390 Posts
Well. This 6.89 and 7ghz AMD dosnt make a bit of difference in the world anyway. In realistic terms past a certain point it dosnt make much of a difference. And the fact that they went through 200 liters of liquid nitrogen and 3 days of testing and setting just to get that high dosnt help the average user :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.