Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, hello everyone. To everyone who has read my last posts, I was being not very nice, and I am sorry for my behavior. I will be nice from now on. Words are cheap, so I will let my future actions speak in my defense rather than going on and on...

So anyway, I recently tried to play Ogre Battle on ePSXe and it didn't work...if you haven't read my post about it, basically, the game will load but after you beat a stage and the fireworks start, the game just sits there and the fireworks go on forever. After a while, the battle music will start to play, plus you can still do the sfot reset by pressing some buttons all at once so it isn't like the emu is frozen or anything. I have tried many different settings and nothing seems to help. Using F4 or various game fixes doesn't help.

I have also tried other emulators, I tried AdriPSX and the same thing happens at the fireworks. I can do soft reset and the emulator responds fine, but the game just sits at fireworks forever.

The new PCSX version 9.221 also does this.

FPSE also does this, bah!

So as you can see, it is very annoying. I am imploring anyone who is able to test this game, please try it and see if you can get it to work! I would like to point out, this is a real tragedy because Ogre Battle is such an awesome game! Plus the game looks so amazing on emulators like ePSXe and such if it weren't for this one problem! So has anyone out there in the world been able to get the game to work!?

Btw, like I said above, I have tried almost every setting imaginable. All the fix keys in ePSXe I have tried, I have disabled sound, disabled/enabled IRQ's, tried another CD of Ogre Battle, made an iso image, used a ton of different sound and gpu plugins, and still it doesn't work.

I find it strange that the same thing at the fireworks happens on every emu, I am not smart enough to know what this might mean, but does anyone else have any ideas? Could it be my system? Or do I just have to wait until new emu versions? If so, please tell Pete and all the other emu coders you know to make sure Ogre Battle works. :) j/k...

My system is:

Windows ME
SB Live Value
GeForce2 32 meg
384 ram

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
huh, so NOBODY knows? nobody in the entire PSX emu community has played Ogre Battle and will help me out or at least post something? Cmon...just try the game, it is good, I promise.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I wish I could help, but I work at Blockbuster(video/game rental store) and we don't carry Ogre Battle. If we did I could rent it for free. Oh well.:(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks anyway Adair, but the game is for sure worth buying. :) How about Hastings...heh, it is good, that is my only point...bye.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts