Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i wanted to know if most of you just stick with the official controllers from sony and sony products for ps2 or 3rd party vendors like madcatz and other companies?I tend to like 3rd party controllers and memory cards due to cheaper prices and i have never had a problem with any 3rd party hardware.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
3rd party memory cards are alright, i've only had problems with those multi cards in one on my PSX....i broke it from switching too fast :p

other than that...i always use first party controllers. teh third party ones just dont feel as good in your hands.

·
band
4,912 Posts
cept the logitech and the airdeck wireless (which is basically exactly the same as a sony) ones, but then they're more expensive than the official...

im also wondering about the 3rd party multitaps. i was thinkign about buying one but then i heard there were compat issues. urban myth?

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
I usually use MadCatz and Pelican stuff.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
D.D. said:
im also wondering about the 3rd party multitaps. i was thinkign about buying one but then i heard there were compat issues. urban myth?
most likely. i cant vouch for sure, since my PS1 and PS2 multitaps are both official Sony ones but...i dont see why they wouldnt work.

S

·
0 Posts
memorycards are good third party, but the pads? nope. The original pads are the best (IMO).

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have third party ps2 controller but dont really care for it since it feels weird holding. Just stick with the official one instead.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
We went with a 3rd Party memcard (4 years old now..still good), and recently purchased that Datel USB Flashdrive (good stuff).

We kept the official controller for some time, but recently purchased a wireless controller 3rd Party (Lub it)

INCA..just noticed about your DC...we mourn your loss :(

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
there are 3rd party peripherals that are officially supported by sony. i have a memcard and a controller that are and have had no problems..

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
For controllers I always have problemsa with 3rd pary ones. I like the original Sony ones thebest and I'm willing to pay a little extra for the quality. There have been many improvements though, and my friend bought a Mad Catz controller for his Xbox that totally rocks. It's very solid and isn't dinky and doesn't have that "hollow/empty" feeling that many others have. So it all depends.

As for mem ory cards, for my Playstation (PSone) I always buy 3rd party ones. Gack! I can't remember the company but only one died on me, which I took a part then put back together and it worked again :p Strange :D So memory cards is a definate yes for 3rd party. Controllers, I am still skeptical about, but I do admit there are some really good ones out there. As for other peripherals like cords and A/V inpits and such, always get 3rd party. The "official" ones are way overpriced, and work the exact same. At least with my experience.

·
band
4,912 Posts
lol. the monster AV cables i heard were supposedly amazing quality so if those are the ones u want.

*offtopic* hahah Razor oc'ed his comp by 10 mhz!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts