Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some people this news is something that hat to come sooner or later.
But now its official.. I also stop with developing Dxbx.

If people are interested in the source.. be free to use it.
Make new xbox emulators with it or other things... thats the beauty of open source development.

But i wanted to make it official., so everyone knows that Shadow_tj also is stopping to work on the Dxbx project.

Things has been changed personally.. so its time to set a point to the project.
No health issues and stuff. but need to concentrate on new things and oppertunities.

It was a plessure to work on the project, will remember it as a wonderfull time working on it.
Specially the people i have met during the project... but its time to move on.

Greetings,

Shadow_tj

·
Registered
34 Posts
Oh ****.. so basicly we only have ~3 people left working on xbox and chihiro research & emulation? :(
Good luck for any projects you might be part of in the future though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You tried. :thumb:
Find your passion, and let it guide you.
Good luck with the rest of your life brotha, I wish you the best :)
and thanks for all your hard work and dedication.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hmm I just got started, should I quit now too?

Good luck with whatever project you choose to work on in the future and with the well being of your health.

·
Never give up your dreams
181 Posts
I always sad it's a Microsoft "long hand of law"! No one must emulate Xbox...
That's not the reason why shadow_tj went out from Xbox emulation, not because of this "law" you're talking about...

Sometimes, people have to concentrate in new things, like a new job.

·
Linux's worst nightmare..
1,510 Posts
pretty sad news :( xbox emulation is my biggest interest so its always a shame when an xbox emu author departs or stops working on a project. Good luck in the future shadow!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dxbx project is so artistic as now, Well good luck shadow.. Microsoft 'long hand of law' should not taking any part of this ,this is called art of emu..

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hehe there are still people interested into the dxbx project i see :)
always fun to look back.

lot of talk about microsoft and stuff.. nothing has to do with stopping dxbx project.
As JoaoHadouken already written down.. i have a new job that has more prio then building a xbox emulator that don`t pay the monthly bills :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys
i wanted to start making emulators(psx for a start then xbox 1 or psp...)
can anybody give me a kickstart tutorial
i'm perfectly capable of programming with c(last year in the country's programming contest i got the rank of 10 ,there were 8 questions and the 1st rank solved 7, from the 2nd rank to the 25th rank everybody solved 5 so you can think of me as 2nd)
if any other type of programming is needed please tell me

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you are not able to find out such information on your own (and I'm not saying this in a negative way), it might be a better idea for you to first join an existing project to get some experience and see how other people have done this. There will still be plenty of time for you to make your very own emulator once you've learned a few things from those projects, including how to search for the type of information that's needed to write an emulator...
(just my 2 cents anyway, can't say I have a lot of experience in that domain)

·
Registered
2 Posts
thnx -Ashe-
Sorry for being such a noob(to emus of course)
i have some questions:
on the web everybody says find docs for chip8. where?and what is in these docs that is useful?cpp files or libraries? samples?
second is c++ the best language to learn for emus?
third do you know of any ongoing projects which i can join?
thnx in advance

1 - 14 of 14 Posts