Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
band
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wut did i say?

http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=26716&category=main

Sony may be preparing to release its first PlayStation Portable (PSP) update, if a file that briefly appeared on the web this weekend is what it purports to be: a leaked copy of an early version of the update code. Whatever its provenance, the software certainly includes some interesting features. In addition to the usual bug fixes, the update is said to add not only a web browser and an email program, but a word processor and a spreadsheet.
now, if only my profecy comes true on the DS :D

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Sony is trying to attract all levels of individuals towards PSP. Gamers and Multimedia Junkies weren't enough, now they even want those freaky individuals, lookin to carry their office in the most protable manner, as they can. I've got friend here, who don even care if it plays games, they just want it for being able to play media from the memory stick.

S

·
0 Posts
ok, now it just starts to become an alternate pocketpc?
;)

(one with ridge racers on it though :D )

·
band
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how are they even going to type using a gamepad?
theres rumors that theres gonna be a psp keyboard.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Bluetooth is a bi*** ;)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Yup. This sounds alright. I personally couldn't stand typing ona tiny thing like that (I own a PPC so it would be fairly similar) But hey, i'm not complaining. The more the better!

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
PSP has power, if its put to such a use, then u might expect a better performance as compared to a Pocket PC.

·
band
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats wut i thot too, since it basically is a ps2, but i seem to recall RB saying that a pocket pc is more powerful.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
sweetness, i may be getting one of these after all. now if only it had more memory for mp3s...someone make my day and say that was announced :p

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
2GB Memory Stick for PSP
What do U say.;)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Ali said:
PSP has power, if its put to such a use, then u might expect a better performance as compared to a Pocket PC.
Well my PPC is 624Mhz so for raw power (not graphics) it's a lot more powerful, but this doesn't mean the PSP can't pull of similar things. Office applications aren't totally power hungry (depending on what you're doing of course ...) So the PSP could definately handle it :) PS2 runs linux, s why not PSP running an office application :D

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Ken Kutaragi (boss of SCE, creator of PSX and PS2) recently denied the existence of the word processor but confirmed they planned to add mobile phone capabilities and a web browser in a future update.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Mobile phone capabilities.
thats what I want to see.

·
Registered
496 Posts
The leaked version isn't as cracked up as it's supposed to be. :p
- Modem

Sony has warned PSP users not to install a "PSP update" that recently surfaced on various websites and forums. According to the company, doing so will render your handheld useless, a condition which Sony can reverse, for a small fee.

The update was very tempting for most PSP owners as it promised to enhance the handheld with a web browser, word processing and spreadsheet tools, a calculator and various other software features. While most of you may conclude that this update is the work of some evil Nintendo-loving computer genius bent on the destruction of all PSP handhelds, the truth is much stranger than that. The update, it turns out, is a Sony file removed from a Sony server which, for a reason beyond our comprehension, contains dummy data. Apparently Sony is not ready with the update yet but still thought it wise to have a dummy file on its servers.

A full statement by Sony Computer Entertainment reads: We have become aware that there is a software program going around on some Web sites and Internet bulletin boards claiming to be an update file that rewrites the system software of the PSP hardware. This software has not been issued officially by SCEI and does not function properly. We advise our users not to execute or apply the program as it will cause the PSP hardware to stop operating.
It is not supposed to be used at this time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts