Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually when I run Pokemon Platinum it has a slight lag outside of buildings, smooth inside of buildings/battle. About 1/3 the time I start no$gba (2.6a) with myZoom 1.8.34 (though this happens without myZoom also), the game starts smooth/fast everywhere, inside/outside of buildings for a few minutes. Then it has a WTF moment and the little % at the top crashes from around 100% to about 20%-30%. From resource montior/task manager, there is no new processes bumping up computer usage...

Also, once the WTF moment has happened, it sticks around till I restart windows. I can exit no$gba.exe and restart it and it'll start off at the low 20-30% speed.
Im using all default plugins, realtime, highest audio setting, etc.
System specs: Inspiron 1720 laptop, windows vista home premium sp1, intel core 2 duo 2.00 GHz, memory- 3 GB RAM

any ideas what is causing the WTF moment?

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
You are using a laptop? Do you know that the Laptops can be more hot when using heavy applications, like emulators and games? Well... Download SpeedFan, execute it, and then play until the "WTF? moment". Bye.
Pd: Sorry for my bad English.
Pd2: Try without MyZoom.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
My guess is your laptop downclocked itself because it was overheating.

By the way that image you posted does not indicate which process uses the most CPU power so it could be something else spiking as well.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
myzoom triples the system requirements for nogba, use no$zoomer instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.