Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello,
I've recently began getting into the DC scene. However, I've encountered some odd problems with some games.

Jet Grind Radio
Problem: Unable to perform a move
Explanation: It says I'm supposed to press down when I see the arrow on the analog stick. I mapped the analog stick to the arrow keys of the keyboard and I know they are working 100% fine.(since I can move around in them perfectly). However, pressing down never works. ( I theorize it's due to the fact that the analog provides a full range of precision, rather than pressing a key which automatically sets you at 100% downward.)

(Any Jet Grind Radio players who use keyboard know how to get past this?)

Space Channel 5
Problem: Sound stops working
Explanation: After the 1st scene where you are on top of the building, the sound completely stops working. No idea why. It's critical that I have the sound working so space channel is a music based game.

Bomberman Online
Problem: Blank Screen
Explanation: After the DC logo has finished loading, the game stays at a blank white screen.

If anyone know the reasons to these problems, It'd be greatly appreciated.

Specs
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ 2.10 GHZ
Graphics card: NVIDIA
RAM: 1 GB
System Type: 32 bit
Account type: Admin

Emulator used: nullDC_1.0.3_nommu
Grahics Plugin: NullPVR
GRRom Plugin: Image reader
Sound Plugin: Elsemi's AICA
Input Plugin: nullDC controller

· Time Lord
2,067 Posts
You're right about the Jet Set Radio problem, and no there is no work around apart from using the previous version of the emulator that has controller support (nulldc 1.0.0 beta 1.6)

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right about the Jet Set Radio problem, and no there is no work around apart from using the previous version of the emulator that has controller support (nulldc 1.0.0 beta 1.6)
Yeah I got my PC controller today and easily got past the part in Jet Set Radio thanks to the analog stick. However, Space Channel 5 & Bomberman Online problems still remain.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Did you try Space Channel 5 using all the different sound plugins?
Just tried using nullDC AICA with the vista sound fix. It fixes the sound mute problem..but another problem arises. After executing a command, sometimes there's a slight 1-2 second pause which completely desynchronizes my rhythm.

(Example: I press Left - Right - Up -[GAME LAG] - throws everything off afterwards, since it's rhythm based game)

Without the sound buffer fix, I always get buggy noise which is why I refrained from using it over elsemi's.[note - nullDC aica vista sound fix still had slightly buggy noise Vs Elsemi's]With Elsemi's AICA plugin, this never occurred and the sound was 100% perfect.(except for the fact the sound mutes itself at scene 2) Chankast has glitchy noise, so that's also out of the question.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.