Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking this is a general 'quirk' of Dreamcast emulators, as it seems to happen on the other ones I try, too. Basically, pressing the button assigned to 'up' on the analog stick makes it go slightly up and veer to the left as opposed to 'straight.' This happens regardless of whether I use a keyboard, Xpadder, joytokey, et cetera, and seems most notable in the Sonic Adventure games (1 & 2), though I don't know if it's common among all games.

Am I the only one experiencing this problem, and is there any sort of workaround/fix, especially on NullDC? Or should I just get used to compensating for that 'slight left'?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does this happen in other emus that aren't DC? Sounds to me like your analog stick has a tendency to do that. I doubt it's because of the emulators being Dreamcast ones. Try NES/PS1/etc.
It seems to work fine on other kinds of emulators. SNES, MAME, et cetera. It doesn't look like a problem with my pad's stick, as it occurs even if I use my keyboard or D-Pad to play. Chankast had similar issues when I tried it, though that might just be a glitch they have in common? (Granted, NullDC seems to have far fewer control issues overall.)

It's not a huge deal, since games are still playable, I'm just trying to figure out if it's a problem on my end or not~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.