Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a rediculous question that just came falling out of the sky. Since Xbox is an nVidia based game system, would it help Cxbx at all if it were compiled under the nVidia sdk (as a seperate version so non-nVidia users won't be left out)? Very rediculous, I know. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Probably not. Game developers aren't issued with the nvidia sdk as they get the DirectX-like xdk instead. Even though all xboxes have the nvidia gpu the developers source will only touch the ms xdk. Also any nvidia sdk will have licence restrictions on not using info gained from using their code elsewere.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chipsugar said:
Probably not. Game developers aren't issued with the nvidia sdk as they get the DirectX-like xdk instead. Even though all xboxes have the nvidia gpu the developers source will only touch the ms xdk. Also any nvidia sdk will have licence restrictions on not using info gained from using their code elsewere.
The nVidia sdk is NOT like the xdk, you can download it from the nVidia homepage. If you don't beleive me, you can look for yourself ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts