Next Generation Emulation banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Daedalus is a great project, and run comercial games well!

I've reinstalled Dx8, and the old problem has returned again (running ePSXe using Pete's D3D causes crashes). I can't use Dx8 with ePSXe, it's really an annoying problem. Next I have uninstalled Dx8 and reinstalled Dx7a and the problem has gone again. It proves the Dx8 causes the problem. But Daedalus need a dll from dx8, dinput8.dll. I've put it in windows\system and now daedalus runs normal using Dx7a, hehehe, great! But I need to know why the "Dx8+K7M mobo+Athlon650classic+win98SE+ePSXe" combination is unstable!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by Hyllian
Daedalus is a great project, and run comercial games well!

I've reinstalled Dx8, and the old problem has returned again (running ePSXe using Pete's D3D causes crashes). I can't use Dx8 with ePSXe, it's really an annoying problem. Next I have uninstalled Dx8 and reinstalled Dx7a and the problem has gone again. It proves the Dx8 causes the problem. But Daedalus need a dll from dx8, dinput8.dll. I've put it in windows\system and now daedalus runs normal using Dx7a, hehehe, great! But I need to know why the "Dx8+K7M mobo+Athlon650classic+win98SE+ePSXe" combination is unstable!
are you sure only your combonation is unstable????? it might be the athlon or the motherboard -specific issue..

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I forgot to mention my video card! The combination "Dx8+K7M mobo+Athlon650classic+win98SE+Geforce2GTS+ePSXe" is unstable. When my video card was a voodoo3, Dx8 wasn't unstable. It only occurs after I've installed my Geforce2GTS, three days before.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Did you install DX8 Before you upgraded your card? I had the simplier glitches (only in another game) after I upgraded my V3 2000 to a geForce2 MX. It's always best I find to reinstall DX after upgrading the card.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yes, as I said, I've formatted my HD and have installed the directx7a, then the video card (Geforce 2), and then the directx8, and the problems occurred only when the dx8 was installed. I need to know if somebody uses dx8 with ePSXe with these crashes, and if he or she has figure out how to resolv it! At this moment, I'm using dx7a because it's stable here, but I want to use Dx8. How many PC games can run without dx8?

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Ok, but are you trying dx8 or dx8A? Microsoft released a new version to fix various bugs on feb 20th. Maybe this will help?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts