Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got my GTS and I'm having problems with ePSXe. If I run ePSXe, after closing it, I can't open other emulators, they simply crash! I have to reboot the system to be able to run another emu. The ePSXe mess my directx or opengl, I think, just a stupid guess. I'm using Pete's 1.48 D3D and OGL, and the detonators 6.50. My old card was a voodoo3, and ePSXe was running perfect. Maybe would be a conflict between old 3dfx drivers and the new detonators. Please, help me!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VGS, and the game Soldier of Fortune crashed after ePSXe. And ePSXe crashes after the first run, it happens mainly when I change some config in ePXSexecutor!

·
Registered
168 Posts
there could possibly be a conflict between 3dfx's drivers... try uninstalling them from ur system.
If that doesn't work, start another emulator (i.e. vgs) and then run epsxe. See if that works. If it does, it's a bug in epsxe....
Also, upgrade your directX to at least 7.0 (or 8.0)
This problem use to happen to me on a s3 savage 4... i don't remember how i fixed it....
Anyways, i hope i helped...

·
Registered
171 Posts
if you have the directx 8.0 already installed and have removed all the vodoo drivers (goto safe mode at the device manager ,in the graphics adapter remove all the cards else than the one you have now ).
i know that there is newer drivers than those you have for nvidiad's products .
try to upgrade.
post again and tell me if any of this solves the problem , if not then you have trouble with the directx which can be solved too .
:)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well,it's not totally topic related but if you want to increase your card performance just download nvmax it's a nice little proggie that let's you tweak everything about your card.
www.nvmax.com

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm already using directx 8.0 and have not other card in device manager, only my GTS. But the ASUS CD with the drivers 5.13 is compatible with DX7, has it some problem? This problem only occurs with ePSXe, the other emulators that use DX run normal. And I have to say something: The nvidia image sux hard! I WANT MY VOODOO BACK! I need to resolv this drivers problem, it causes headaches!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Hyllian just try others drivers I think yours are outdated.
Go to:
www.the-ctrl-alt-del.com
You should find drivers that will work better for your card.

S

·
0 Posts
CD, are the 1200's out now? If they are, oh man gotta go get them.
Hyllian, why don't you follow CD's advice and try the 11.01 drivers? I have an Elsa Gladiac GEForce 2 GTS card and those are the drivers I'm using. They are fast, stable, and I have had no problems w/them at all. I have even seen a performance increase w/them. I got them at www.reactorcritical.com. Give them a try before giving up on your GEForce and see what you think. Then post and let us all know if it woked. Take care.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
The 12.00 are the best for me 'cause they're quite fast and support for some directx 6 games which was broken in the 11.01 is now working again.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The problem occurs with Pete's D3D, "tnkxfs has caused a fail in ... adress b00db600", it is what I get when I click in "details", the file tnkxfs is created in my windows\temp folder. I have figured out that my TR64's RCP D3D plugin also cause the same ePSXe problem. And the ultraHle's wrapper OpenGlide005 also mess my PC. And I've already change my drivers, 6.50, 12.00, 10.80, 5.33, all them cause the same problem. Pete's OpenGL plugin seems more stable, but after some games, it causes the problem. It's really annoying!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Hey unknown4x seems you're back at work:D
Lookin' for the 100?

S

·
0 Posts
I got the 1200 drivers last night and installed them. They work great. If you want them, you can find them at www.3dchipset.com Reactor Critical does not have them yet.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
EUREKA!!!!

HUHUHUHHUHUHUHHUHUH!!!!

It works!!!! It works now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, after format two times my HD, and reinstall two times my win98 SE, it worked! But now, I installed the directx7a, I think the DX8 causes the problem! At least until now, I haven't seen any crash! Pete's D3D is working flawless, no problems!

At the first HD format, I have used the command: "Format C: /q/s" and have installed the Dx8 with ASUS Drivers 5.33a, the problem was still there!

After the first format, I've decided to use the command: "Format C: /s" and install the DX7a and Detonators 6.50. And before running ePSXe, i have deleted all plugins and instal new ones. Then the problem is gone! :D :D :eek: :eek:

I don´t know what has resolved the problem, but I won't upgrade my DX7a to DX8 anymore! :( :(

Before you blame 5.33a drivers, I have installed four diferent drivers (5.33a, 6.50, 12.00, 10.80) and it couldn't resolv the problem! I think DX8 is the problem!

Thanks for all sugestions! :emb: :emb:

·
Registered
171 Posts
so its the DX8 that made the problem just as i thout some one told me that before you did and here it is happens with you again ,
well the good thing is that the problem is resolved .
:cool:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Oh no! Now I can't run Daedalus, because it needs Dx8! :mad:

I'll try Dx8 one more time and see if it's really the cause of that old problem (with ePSXe!), I'll post the results tomorrow. :confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts