Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
6,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NVidia CEO Sells his shares day after ATI display the 5870.

President and CEO of NVIDIA Corp. (NVDA) Jen Hsun Huang sells 260,475 shares of NVDA on 09/11/2009 at an average price of $16.07 a share.
Oh god :dance:

Whoopasstastic :thumb:

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
Wut? oO

Is this for real? Source?

Financially, it's a smart move on his part, even if GT300 ends up being faster in the end. Rumors suggest that nVidia won't be able to release the new series until December 2009 at the earliest. Others say it's more realistic for a release in early 2010.

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
6,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fanboy thread.
Speculation thread.

You KNOW i'm not a fanboy of ATI. Search my post history and read my GTX280 speculation threads.
Made 10x the posts in those compared to the ATI thread for the 5870. For a card that sucked balls.

Mindless comment btw.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
Found it. NVIDIA Corp. (NVDA) President and CEO Jen Hsun Huang sells 260,475 Shares -- GuruFocus.com

Though if you read through this, the stock sell-off may have just been business as usual.

Recent Trades of NVIDIA Corp. by CEO:

* Sell: President and CEO Jen Hsun Huang sold 390,711 shares of NVDA stock on 08/31/2009 at the average price of $14.18; the price of the stock has increased by 15.08% since.

* Sell: President and CEO Jen Hsun Huang sold 130,236 more shares of NVDA stock on 06/18/2009 at the average price of $11.09; the price of the stock has increased by 47.14% since.

Recent Trades of NVIDIA Corp. by Directors and Officers:

* Sell: Director A Brooke Seawell sold 45,000 shares of NVDA stock on 08/28/2009 at the average price of $14.67; the price of the stock has increased by 11.23% since.

* Sell: Director William J Miller sold 90,000 shares of NVDA stock on 06/02/2009 at the average price of $10.86; the price of the stock has increased by 50.26% since.
If this is indeed just business as usual, he sure as hell picked a day to do it. It seems that his stock sell-off has made other nVidia (NVDA) shareholders sell their stocks as well. At the time of this post, nVidia stock has dropped $0.152 since yesterday alone.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
yeah, now the CEO can buy more than what he sold and control more of the company, lol.

·
エリートキラー
392 Posts
Seems Nvidia's screwing themselves this card season. They better have some epic 300 cards coming.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
i doubt it, they are in a better position financially tham DAAMIT.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Tech companies themselves are struggling as of late. Both AMD and ATI im sure. Im sure profits have been down for both.

How is nvidia doing with their ringbus technology?

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
I wouldn't attribute too much to such news. Executives selling shares of their own company isn't unusual. Nvidia is in a relatively good position, they're still profitable at least, unlike ATI which is still mired in red (honestly, ATI needs the R800 to be a success, their GPU business is their best hope now and their very survival might depend on it).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.