Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i would like to find out from all gforce fx5200 owners who flashed their fx5200
graphics card with bios from another gfx card maker which have higher gpu/mem clock speed or using software to edit the gpu/mem clock speed in gfx card bios.

I have collected enough infos for either both of this operations, but i need
good/bad feedbacks from peoples who have done it to enable me to make this decision.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
I've enabled overlocking option in my forceware drivers :) and also incrised the speed in about 17 - 20 % (not allways that much) but I don't think that's why you are looking for, anyway I think editing your bios is useless :) just enable the tweake option in your gfx drivers, or install rivatuner :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i have enabled auto-overclocking option in nvidia driver. But i think speed
increase for my case is very little.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
I'm running my FX5200 non ultra at 300/500. Just use the manual overclocking, and make sure you have sufficient cooling. The bloody thing gets pretty damn hot at those speeds.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
sportster00 said:
Well i have enabled auto-overclocking option in nvidia driver. But i think speed
increase for my case is very little.
you know it's only 5200 :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Esturk said:
I'm running my FX5200 non ultra at 300/500. Just use the manual overclocking, and make sure you have sufficient cooling. The bloody thing gets pretty damn hot at those speeds.
Wow, is your graphics stable at this kind of speed ? The default gpu/mem speed by nvidia for fx5200 is only 250/400.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
sportster00 said:
Wow, is your graphics stable at this kind of speed ? The default gpu/mem speed by nvidia for fx5200 is only 250/400.
Indeed it is, now that I've put my own heatsink & fan on it. I've attached a stock Athlon XP heatsink and fan onto the GPU. The bloody thing was so hot even at default speeds. I had to replace the cooling with my own.;)

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
I've got stock cooling on my (current) FX 5200U and it runs fine at 350/550. :)

For some reason all drivers recognize it as a 5500, though. :???:

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Lool cool man, I'm gonna try it right away ;) mine stock cooling is simmilar as yours :) I'm testing it at 285/545 now :)

BTW. it detects 'optimal frequences' as 281/565 :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Esturk said:
Indeed it is, now that I've put my own heatsink & fan on it. I've attached a stock Athlon XP heatsink and fan onto the GPU. The bloody thing was so hot even at default speeds. I had to replace the cooling with my own.;)
My abit fx5200 come with heatsink, but i placed an exchuast fan beside it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts