Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Computer Nerd
162 Posts
i played the demo at 1600x1200 af16x and no aa nor Softshadows and it ran great, just dont use AA nor Soft shadows and it will be fine.

· AKA snkmad
4,063 Posts
Try to get a better brand, as XFX is one of the cheapest/worse.
If you cant afford a MSI, like me get a leadtek, or chaintech, also great cards with good prices...

· カラム
365 Posts
No it's not the worst one, it's not the best either but XFX does put good prices on their cards.

· Quad Core FTW!!!
782 Posts
Mad said:
Try to get a better brand, as XFX is one of the cheapest/worse.
If you cant afford a MSI, like me get a leadtek, or chaintech, also great cards with good prices...
Umm....hello. I'm sick of people saying that. XFX is a great brand. They are NVIDIA certified. They aren't the worst, in fact on the benchmarks they did better than the MSI 7800s.

· Registered
7,840 Posts
My 6800 performs very well too with FEAR, I just have to disable AA and softshadows.
Hardshadows don't look that bad, the FPS boost is worth the tweak... though if you have plenty of cash and a PCIE mobo, go for your 7800 ;)

· カラム
365 Posts
Master Chief said:
Umm....hello. I'm sick of people saying that. XFX is a great brand. They are NVIDIA certified. They aren't the worst, in fact on the benchmarks they did better than the MSI 7800s.
I second that. :thumb:

· カラム
365 Posts
Yeah. and I'm glad that guy is aiming to buy one.

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
sonicjam said:
it that i don't like the one that i have its a Nvidia geForce XFX 5200 256mb ram
Perhaps that's got more to do with it being a 5200 than an XFX? :p

· AKA snkmad
4,063 Posts
Sorry guys, but here in Brazil we only get the crappiest XFX models, the ones with 64-bit memory, no cooler and SE/LE models.
Thats why i dont like ´em. But i had one card that is lasting more than 3 years, thats a good thing uh?

· Computer Nerd
162 Posts
sonicjam said:
will it work fine with F.E.A.R on the highest settings because i don't own one but i'm thinking of getting one and i'm just checking if it can
the 7800GT and GTX will play fear fine, at 1600x1200 , just keep AA and softshadows off and every thing esle maxed. cuz i played the demo at 1600x1200 with AF16x Maxed with AA OFF and softshadows OFF. and it was great for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.