Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how long this has been an issue, but it occurs on all Nvidia Forceware 190 and newer.

When you enable fog in Prince of Persia Warrior Within the game has rendering issues, the scene and background are rendered a ghastly white.

There's also reports of a similar thing occurring in Sands of Time except the screen is rendered blue.

The issue does not occur with the Microsoft Nvidia drivers from Windows update..

Does anyone know if there's anything that can me modded in the drivers inf file to fix this or what is even causing this problem?

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
From what I know, the 195.55 drivers were mainly released because the Sims 3 had issues with the 191.xx drivers, but not the 190.xx or recently older drivers.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Sims 3 worked fine on 191.....

the 195.55 drivers are the combination of the 186, and 191 branches.

I haven't had any issues with Assassins Creed, which apparently uses a similar engine :\

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
squall it isnt a similar engine, well its based on pop warrior within but built up from the ground up for one thing it doesnt render the fog (and other things like how objects are rendered far away) the same way hence it wont even have the same issue...

anyways i do plan to play it myself within a couple of days (its my fav pop game to date) and by then ill report if i have any issues

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
never liked playing the pop games on pc anyhow.....

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Sims 3 worked fine on 191.....
The Sims forums were flooded with people having issues with those drivers, and the Sims team confirmed it. nVidia also confirmed it. Some people didn't have issues, and maybe you didn't, but nVidia confirmed it and recommended what the Sims 3 team did, using older drivers in the meantime until a release they would roll out to fix it was done, and then a few days later, the 195.xx beta drivers were released.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
How strange. I would've thought more issues would occur from the Protection used on the download version.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
I'm sure there were other things being worked on and intended for the next supposed release, but it does seem like they tried to ensure a successor was sent out that fixed it. I'm not sure how long nVidia leaves beta drivers as it's most recent without following up with an official one, but the current beta ones seem to have been out for a little while, so unless that is normally how they do it, it would seem to be they weren't quite ready to release the next version, and did indeed have other and bigger changes planned, which is holding up the next official release, but they wanted to at least rush out a fix for the issue for the game.

By the way, nVidia did confirm it had issues with the game, but they only confirmed it while under Windows XP, and made no mention at all if it did or didn't extend beyond that to Windows Vista and/or 7, so that may be why you had no problems. I wouldn't know myself, since I never tried that driver version.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Ah, would explain why theres no sims 3 fix mentioned in the release notes under Vista/7

The current Beta, 195.55 is 8 days old, (6 if you count the signing date of the downloaded archive)

I do not recommend an upgrade install with these as they are a major change in both number and driver layout.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It isn't a game issue, it's a driver issue that occurred with a driver update, seems to be the early 190 versions of forceware this started with or late 180 version such as 189.

I have games older than this which work fine, and the game works fine on the default Microsoft Nvidia drivers that are installed with Windows Vista/7.

I posted the problem on their forum, hopefully it will get some attention now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.