Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

there is missing win98se menu and failed DX9c Direct3D diagnostic after installing nvidia 61.76 driver in win98se for FX5200. How to solve it ?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
maybe because it doesn't use directx 9.0c extensions :p

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I-Chan said:
maybe because it doesn't use directx 9.0c extensions :p
if i'm not wrong both nvidia 56.64 & 61.76 does not support directx 9c for win98se. It's stated on nvidia's site, pls feedback.

·
Registered
226 Posts
the missing menu is that the one for oc'ing? If yes you have to download coolbits. It unlocks the oc menu and some other menus.

Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0b and OpenGL® 1.5 support <----Directx9b not 9c :p

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
That is correct. I suggest you to uninstall the current driver you have installed in your system via the add/remove programs, don't let windows restart the computer now if it asks after the driver uninstalling process. Run detonator destroyer available in guru3d.com right after the add/remove programs driver uninstall, then restart. After you computer booted up, search in your c:\windows, c:\windows\system directory for:

AGARTD.VXD
ALIPCIMP.PCI
DMCPL.EXE
GENERIC.TVP
KEYSTONE.EXE
NVAGP.INF
NVARCH16.DLL
NVARCH32.DLL
NVCORE.VXD
NVCPL.DLL
NVCPL.HLP
NVDD32.DLL
NVDISP.DRV
NVIEW.DLL
NVIEWIMG.DLL
NVINST32.DLL
NVMCTRAY.DLL
NVMINI.VXD
NVMODE.DLL
NVOPENGL.DLL
NVSHELL.DLL
NVTUICPL.CPL
NVWCPLEN.HLP
NWIZ.EXE
VGARTD.VXD

If you find any of the above files, manually delete them after that go to your registry and search for any nvidia entry and delete them, close the regedit program and install again the drivers. Also make sure that DX9.0c is properly installed as Kirby said.

Anyways you should wait till nvidia releases any win 9x driver supporting DX9.0c, but personally I don't believe it happening soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts