Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We know that nullz plugin is one of the best sounding spu but the current release does not really sound good when playing mdec.Do you think nullz will release an updated version of his popular plugin?

·
Registered
513 Posts
>release does not really sound good when playing mdec
Perhaps you should try downgrading a version? Because of a few silent MDECs I faced in FF9, I followed someone's instructions and went with the previous version instead. I can't say I've ever noticed any sort of poor quality during MDEC playback. Have you checked all your settings?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The current version 1.35 when playing mdec is very skippy tried it with crono cross and vagrant story, mdec skippy, also tried petes spu plugin with no problem but nullz spu still sound better so i prefer to use it regarding the downgrade to lower version, i dont want to use older version of the plugin cause only version 1.35 supports savestates.

·
Registered
35 Posts
None of the Null 1.3x series works with Chrono Cross on my SBLive. Null 1.2 provides the best quality sound of all options, but it frequently freezes during MDEC's. Defaulting to the built-in plugin works fine, but some of the sounds are emulated poorly.

It's a bit of a compromise, I'm afraid. Still, hail to Null, wherever the hell he has gone -- the sound in 1.2 is just phenomenal. :innocent:

Jonathan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts