Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are probably plenty of post out there that ask about Null's SPU, but... I just want to know how to get rid of the cracks that come up in the movies? I remember playing around with it earlier but its been nearly 6 months since I last used it. I remember being able to get rid of the cracking in FFIX movies but I can't seem to do it in Chrono Cross. I would settle for the Internal SPU but... the music just doesn't sound right and it sounds really synthesized. Null's however sounds like the actual playstation and at times better because of the amp I am using for my computer. I would also look at the plug in read me but I didn't find one in my plugins directory so I gave the forums a shot as my last resort. Other then that the game runs awesome!

The only drawback is when the screen blurs it drops fps by half but it doesn't bother me to much, if you guys know how to counter act that please share the information. Thanks for your patience I know you probably don't like the same questions being asked but I couldn't find anything in the forum about the buffering and block configs.

Thanks all

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you disable the SPU IRQ Hack than you have no sound in FFIX, dont know about crono cross, BTW, how did you get rid of crackling in the FFIX mdecs, the only way i found to do it was go back to Nulls older SPU (forget the version, current one ends in 5, the one that ends with a 0 is the one i have to use) but the sound isnt as good as the new one. Any info apreciated!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well for FFIX.. I've tried every version of NULL2's SPU from 1.17 up to 1.35.. I dunno about Chrono Cross (U can try this) but For me NULL2's 1.24 seem to be the best, no static/crackling noise crap, NOT ONE slowdown in the MDECS either. It isnt as good as the latest 1.35 for getting ALL of the sounds but the ones missing are minor.(like when the moogle throws down his book when u save.. this sounds much better with 1.34 or 1.35)
setting are:

enable sound - on
enable XA sound - on
SPU IRQ hack - on

44100, 16bit
buffer lenght - 40
block - 5
reverse L/R (dunno, u might not need to but i do)
enable VAG- on
linear interp - on

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What exactly does the buffer and block do? Understanding this would help all of us know how to configure for most games. Because I know that Chrono Cross and FFIX I had to put at different settings. Also taking off the SPU Hack will get you that choppy sound (not crackling). The crackling I believe has to do with the BUFFER and BLOCK settings.

Anyway if anyone can share information on how the BUFFER and BLOCK works together that would be great. Here is the problem with Null2 in Chrono Cross so far.

My settings:

enable sound - on
enable cdda - on
enable sound - on
enable XA sound - on
SPU IRQ hack - on

44100, 16bit
buffer lenght - 30
block - 3
enable VAG- on
linear interp - on

The problem I am getting with Null is when I get into the game and an FMV plays it automatically freezes. At current I am using 1.3... If anyone uses Null2 and Chrono Cross please share your settings so I may listen to Yasunori Mitsuda's beautiful music. The internal spu which has no problems what so ever except for the rare crack after a very high pitched sound, isn't really the most accurate.

Also when I try to load a save state with the Null2 SPU it doesn't support save state so that kinda sux. Thanks for the post guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts