Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, Hi to all since this is my first post ;)

After some long hours testing this Software (nullDC) i realised its a well done job, and probably one of the best emulators since you can easily change the driver that will emulate your video, sound and "cd-player".
Down part is that you can't swap plugins between the different version of the NullDC you are using.
I realised also that if i wanted to play a game at its normal performance (with no problems with sound or graphics) i had to maintain my processing % at 99% >= 100%

Thing is,i am trying to play shenmue with the nullAica sound Plugin (it is the only one that play's all the sounds in game), but if i use it with the nullPVR graphic plugin i wold get serious perfomance drops (70%>90%) on certain parts of the game, wich will make Dialog's Audio very glitchy and almost impossible to understand.

So i changed the Graphic Plugin to Chankast Video (augst 2008), and now i have the sound working with zero glitches (full music), and a performance rate of 200% to 300%.But with that much processing speed it means i lost alot in therms of graphics(eg. no snow at the first intro and ofc lower textures).

So after this long text (sorry lol) i wanted to know if there is a way that i could change the Resolution of the Chankast Video plugin on NullDC 1.03 to a higher resolution (1280X800 wold be what i want) in Windows mode, since the current plugin wont let me change the resolution and it defaults it to 640X800.Im 100% sure if i changed the resolution it wold improve alot the graphics since i used that Video plugin on ChankastAlpha025 Emulator and when i changed the resolution it wold improve alot the game graphics and not loosing that much speed.

PS:i dont play Shenmue of ChankastAlpha Emulator cuz you wold have to wait 5 seconds in the dialogs for someone to answer you or even talk, and ofc no nullAica sound plugin.(DON'T PLAY SHENMUE ON IT)

Sorry for my bad english and Thanks for Reading this long post, if you made it to the end ^^

·
Registered
599 Posts
You can manualy edit the resulution from nullDC.cfg file (open it with notepad, and look for 640 :p).
Also, what are your pc specs ? generaly nullPVR is faster on newer cards and dualcore cpus .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ye DrkIIRaziel, i already tried that but i think it doesn't work since the line only enables that Resolution for FullScreen, and it's not working at that resolution for sure.

Fullscreen.Enabled=1
Fullscreen.Res_X=1280
Fullscreen.Res_Y=800
Fullscreen.Refresh_Rate=60

and i also tryed Windowscreen.Res_X=1280 ....

but it sounded ridiculous since i dont even know if the plugin enables it on windows mode

It all Starts to lag with nullPVR plugin when i enable Stipes per Triangle on version august 08( Since without it the game doesn't show all the textures properly)

And i got a Centrino Duo 1,6Ghz with a Geforce Go 7300 Clocked with Riva tuner.

I will take a pic from the ChankastAlpha025 with chankast video plugin and one from the NullDC so you can see it makes a huge difference.

Thanks for the help m8 ;)

·
Banned
2,299 Posts
Per Triangle sorting is a heavy option, especially with games that rely heavily on sorting (like Tokyo Extreme Racer 2 or Shenmue). Per Strip sorting is faster but less accurate so it may produce more artifacts. There is not any workaround for this "issue" unfortunately. It's one of those cases where speed and accuracy cannot co-exist.

Also note that PowerVR normally does some sort of indirect Per Pixel Sorting which can't be really implemented without using software rendering instead (that would eventually kill speed). Per Triangle and Per Strip sorting are there to simulate this behavior since Per Pixel sorting cannot be used.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the explanation PsyMan, i kind of already gave up of using Aica sound plugin with nullPVR video since i can't get that balance of speed and accuracy you mention.

So im relying on Chankast Video plugin! And i hope someone can help me change the resolution of it on nullDc 1.06 (it was the fastest emulator for Shenmue in my opinion after trying 3 different versions)

Here is a image of Shenmue on nullDC using Chankast video plugin, on full screen after changing the lines on nulldc.cfg to the ones i said before, and as you can see when i did Print Screen on FullScreen with 1280X800 settings on the .cfg file, it saved the image with resolution on 640X480...meaning the values i changed on nulldc.cfg are clearly not working :(

And here it is a pic from ChankastAlpha025 on Windows mode with top resolution available, and you can see the difference from miles away :)

Thanks again, and i hope someone can help me with that ! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts