Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't seem to configure nullDC NAOMI to provide keyboard inputs for a second player.

I am using the latest version with the input plugin fix and I select the plugin for each port but the player 2 buttons do not respond during the game.

This might be a known issue but I'm asking in case I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can set up controls for 2 players or more.
The setup is different if you use the nullDC version with net play(I found a tutorial for this but I have'nt used it yet), but if you use the 1.0.3 version (which is more stable than the other ones, at least on my old computer athlon 3200+), there is no problems, I've even just played 2 hours ago with two different game pads, using xpadder.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Try another emulator like makaron for naomi. I did look at nullDC - Naomi r50, and it looks like the keyboard support was left out from its home-console counterpart the standard nullDC r50. Go to a flee-market and look for a game controller, if joy2key doesn't work, apparently not?

I attached nullDC NAOMI r56 below, it was packed with a bad power pluggin, for reference i had to nab from r50 of naomi. (whats with all the bad files?). You need to add your own bios files. No, i didn't test 2player out with the release because .lst is a format which you have to technically convert to yourself.

You need these bios files, naomi_boot.bin, dc_boot, dc_flash

For the record Naomi supports a smaller library of the same games in the console-dreamcast format, why bother anyway? it plays some of them better, but not by much (A BIG FAT NAOMI JOKE?) (No i won't be attaching anymore releases, r56 was released badly, with bad plugin files). I'll just use this poorly packed release as a reference for future poorly packed releases (naomi nullDC is harder to get running then makaron, because of the converting you need to do with your game dumps, apparently, although I am not interested in NAOMI LOL) (poorly tested guestimation mods to the source, just to bump up the version, and mods to the pvr pluggin which don't work?, i'm always happy to see a new version CHEERS)

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
This is great and all, but you two realize you've revived a thread that's been dead for 18 months now, don't you? Thread closed. In the future if you find yourself in another thread like this, it's best to just make a new one rather than resurrect it.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.