Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok i'm new with this emulator but have used tons of other emus

have used software that came with my saitek cyborg controler to to map the keys and it works problem is that i cant get the diagonal buttons to work,
the controller has an 8 direction dpad, i tried mapping the diagonals to read as ,lets say the up and right position on the pad is "up+right" but it doesnt work
in the emulator when i set them to other keys like i set "w" as up and "d" as right i set the diagonal as "w+d" it still doesnt work if i use a notepad the controller actually types "wd" so this confirms that the controller is putting out the keys but it doesnt work on the emulator
if you use the keyboard and press the 2 keys at the same time you get the daigonal movement but i'm unable to get my controller to do it
i been scratching my head for a while on this any potential help would be apreciated

the emulator works great only snag is the control issue

Acer aspire m5100
amdathalon 64 x2 dual core processor 4400+ 2.30 ghz
2.00 GB ram
32 bit os
ati radeon x1250 card:thumb:

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
Why do you need to do that? If you have up as W and right as D it will press both keys when you press up and right anyway. Just leave the diagonal inputs blank.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i've tried just leaving it blank the problem is the d-pad actually has 8 buttons so if you leave them blank, for example when you press up and to the right if you dont have a macro for that position like w+d then the daigonal press does nothing at all it would be awfully convienient if it would just work that way but it doesn't
i use this controller to play nes snes gens gba emulators using the "w+e" type setup and it works fine on all the other emulators it just seems to cause a problem on nulldc, on znes it doesnt work and i have to set an additional key for the daigonal buttons for it to work right

bottom line is i wanna figure out what the problem i'm having has to do with nulldc i mean it makes no sense at all i can press the 2 keys on the keyboard and it works... and i set the keys and try the controller with a notepad open and it presses both keys...so i know the controller is macroed right... but the emu control doesnt work

set as neutral the daigonals do not do anything on nulldc or any other emulator

i guess the major issue is that my controller has a true 8 button dpad which makes it more difficult

as for causing a conflict i dont understand how it would work on the keyboard and not work with the gamepad when it should be exactly the same input

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
I see what you mean, on your controller it has its own switch for diagonals. On a standard controller a d-pad has 4 buttons for up down left and right, and if you push diagonally it hits 2 buttons. I dont think your controller is compatible with Nulldc, as it doesnt have its own input for diagonals.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
it should work but it doesn't i'm just plain stumped just dont know what else to try the macro works for other emus that only use 4 buttons but it just doesnt work for nulldc but in my craze for figuring it out i did manage to find the joystick plugin to map the analog stick properly which is very nice :lol: but still no help for marvel vs capcom2 or soul calibur (fighters are useless without proper d-pad):mad:
thanks anyways i was hoping to find someone with similar problem/solution

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
When you push in a diagonal direction and the controller is set to push 2 keys, w and e, It probably inputs the keys one after another instead of at the same time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
problem solved!!! i thought about what you said about the buttons not being pressed at the same time so i went back into the saitek software and set the buttons as macros rather than key presses ,it was a matter of choosing a diferent option i dont understand the diference but it works now :[)

i'm happy thanks for all your help even tho you didn't provide the specific answer you did try and end result of what was said made me stumble upon the answer so big thanks :p

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
omfg i got on to play skies of arcadia today and my controller magically doesnt work now... the plugins are reset to defaults and its just a honkin piece of $#!* now grrrrr i been usin it just fine for days logged like 6 hours on soa now its just fudged and i'm workin on fixin it but its acting stupid like it lets me select my "saitek cybor rumble pad" from the list using the joypad plugin but it wont let me program the buttons now agrivating peice of $#!* i could just cry... i wanna play soa!!!

can i make a youtube vid and put a link here or is that against the rules? might be easier to illustrate my problems>?

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
Yes you can link to a youtube video here. And its probably the dc_flash_wb_bin file that got corrupted. I heard it happens when you play that game. Just delete that file in the data folder(nulldc will rebuild it when you restart the emulator).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i'll keep that in mind, i just downloaded nulldc and reinstalled it last night and its woking again but if it does it again i'll do that for sure (accedentally lost all my dc saves) lame stoof but thanks i keep it in mind if it does it again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.