Next Generation Emulation banner

[NTSC-J] Gran Turismo 2 Cheats not working

17K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  waxlnew 
#1 · (Edited)
I found the solution, I just used the "freeze timer" cheat I got from somewhere, which is this one:
Code:
Freeze time (gameshark)
80046EB4 00000000
also here's a save file (.gme, use memcardrex) with all gold licenses and licenses prize cars. unlike the other save file this one doesn't have one billion credits, so you can still pretend to have just a fair head start (unless you use the prize cars). Although I used duckstation instead of ePSXe.

So, I've lost my old Gran Turismo 2 savefile, I had quite nice cars, including I-A's, I-C's and A's.
And I don't want to break my eyes again trying to get those three cars, so thought to just stop the licenses' timer with cheats.
So I downloaded PEC for ePSXe 2.0(.5), but the Japanese codes just doesn't to work. I've been searching in the whole internet for some working codes, I just need one that can stop the race times, I don't give a damn about "99k credits" "hover" and such, I only need to stop the timer only for now.

But nothing, the codes won't work. Here's a list of codes I've been using so far (user database)
(They're all a "stop race timer", they don't work for me.) - There's probably something i'm doing wrong, it's impossible that 6 codes on 6 won't work (including the one that comes with PEC).

BTW: on the PAL version of the game, the PAL's codes work. But I need the NTSC-J version of the game, not pal's. (mostly because of the music.)
Code:
Stop Race timer:
8002F810 0000
80046E84 0000

Stop Race timer(1):
8002F854 0000
80046EB4 0000

Freeze Timer:
80046EB4 0000

Stop Race timer(3):
8002F810 0000
80046E84 0000

Stop Race timer(4):
8001CA75 0000
8002F810 0000

Can anyone help me ? It's been months now.

PS: I'd also like some sort of cheat that blocks the race timer in the Japanese version of Gran Turismo 1, but... same problem (with the addition that I cant' find any.)

#2 ·
Don't use PEC
use the in built ePSXe cheat function and download the cheats

PEC is now redundant and unnecessary after ePSXe v1.8 implemented cheat code support
and as far as I'm know using it with newer ePSXe builds causes bugs- the plugin is old and hasn't been updated in a long time