1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
310 Posts
maybe they just want to use NRX coz they find it faster for their setup(i used to use it on my old k6-2). anyway ther is hardly any reason to stay with the NRX if you have a good PC new and better emus are already out and are being actively updated.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You misunderstand. I've got no qualms with someone using NRX because it's speedy.

But, I'm sick and tired of Jane and Joe Lamer going around saying MAME's shit compared to it, and other emus.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Oh, it's command-line. What a reason to trash something that without it's existance, pleny of other emu's we know and love might not exist, or might not be at the level they are today..

Besides, there are badass front-ends like Emu Loader, if you can't deal with command line.

MK4? If you mean Mortal Kombat 4, the answer is no, MAME's current rendering system can't handle polygons too well, a new one is being worked on however.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
Originally posted by CD
http://www.retrogames.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showpost.pl?Board=cps2&Number=59564

Also FYI, the 'oh-so-leet' ASM CPU core you fanboys lubber over is nothing more than Neill Corlett's (hi Ilparatzo! ;p) StarScream 68K core, which is severely inaccurate and buggy, so says the author himself.

Not to mention, NRX's YM2610 core is from MAME itself.

Fight the good fight, down with NRX ;p

If u are sick of them saying mame is shit compare to nrx, just let them do it, there is no way for u to stop them.

And i think there is no point to post something to tell people either nrx or mame suck.

I like both of mame and nrx, i use both of them to play games,i found no way for me to say any emus suck as long as i do not pay money to use it..

Btw, no matter how suck the emus are, the authors did pay eforts on it.. so appreaciate them.

And, sorry, i think i dont see any diifference form u and those who say "mame suck comapre to nrx". You are just doing the same thing.. u keep on providing proves to say nrx sucks compare to mame..and trying to tell them mame is much more superior..

So lay nrx or mame off. Stop posting something to provide "proofs" to make the one u like looks superior and the one u dont like looks sucky.. U feel sick when people say mame suck compare to nrx,vice versa, others will also feel sick when u say nrx suck compare to mame...

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I wasn't insulting anything, I was stating fact.

I know Neill Corlett, he, and most other people know that his StarScream 68K core is outdated and highly inaccurate.
It is quite fast, though.

I don't care for people insulting MAME in favor for emulators that are based on it..

Kawaks, Nebula, NeoRAGEx, Calice, ACE, Final Burn, etc. all use code from MAME. And it irks me when idiots go around bashing MAME, when without it's existance we might not even have all these other emulators.

Heck, even some console emulation projects use stuff like MAME's A68K core, or some of it's sound hardware libraries. Gens is one example (YMxxxx, forget which one).

I'll stop when people get a clue, and not a moment sooner.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
Well, tanks for ur reply. I didnt mean to offense u.

In ur case, u feel sick when people say MAME sucks.In my case, i feel sick when people dont respect those emu authors who did pay efforts on their hard works.

To be honest,in my opinion,i think there is no way to stop those stupid people to act stupid..as long as they dont know what appreciation means.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts