Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
L'Arc~en~Ciel Fan
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a problem with the latest releases of DeSmuME. I download the satanic666's releases and always work really fine (perfect speed in all games I've tested) but in the latest revisions, when I run the emulator it shows an error saying that NPPTools.dll isn't found and this error appears many times when I use DeSmuME.

I found this file and this message dissapear, but some options like Wifi Settings don't work. Also, when I close the emulator, the typical error saying that "Windows have a problem".

I think the reason of this problem is this file. Could anyone post the correct file for solve it?

Thanks.

·
L'Arc~en~Ciel Fan
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, but I've been searching this file in system32 and it doesn't appear... :(

·
L'Arc~en~Ciel Fan
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My PC have Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bits) Service Pack 1. I've just pasted your file in the emulator folder, and now I can't play any game when I want to open a ROM... :(

·
-o-
264 Posts

·
L'Arc~en~Ciel Fan
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
L'Arc~en~Ciel Fan
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I search with google and someone say to install network monitor. Is it solve?
Sorry, but I don't know how to use Network Monitor, but I think that this program is useless (for DeSmuME) because after the installation, the emulator had the same problem, and at this moment this error continues... :(

·
-o-
264 Posts
No. It isn't desmume problem. Winpcap require npptools.dll. (I see it in source code) Sorry i don't know to solve your problem.

http://www.winpcap.org/install/bin/WpcapSrc_4_1_beta5.zip

Try this one. I remove wifi source from desmume. I pretty sure it works but you can't use wifi.

·
L'Arc~en~Ciel Fan
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your help, satanic666. ^^

The "no-Wifi" version works perfectly, but I have a question (only curiosity). What is the actual status of Wifi emulation in DeSmuME? And another question: If npptools.dll doesn't exist in Vista (you said that in XP this file is in Windows\System32), the Wifi capabilities only work for XP? Anyone could fix this problem?

Thanks for all... ^^

·
DS Gamer
113 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
To solve the issue on Vista (or at least on mine). I did the following (using the rev 1900)

* Installed Winpcap 4.0.2 WinPcap, the Packet Capture and Network Monitoring Library for Windows
* Downloaded the npptools.dll file from DLL-files.com - Download all your missing dll-files. and then, put it in the Windows/System32 folder <--- must do this, otherwise you get the same error.

Done. Works for me on Vista Home Basic 32-Bit
you don't really have to install winpcap.

just download NPPtools.dll and put it on your desmume folder.

·
DS Gamer
113 Posts
you don't really have to install winpcap.

just download NPPtools.dll and put it on your desmume folder.
Yeah, tried that, but got an error (in the interim version) that winpcap could be bad installed or something like that...

Anyway, that worked for me. So yeah, you could try to download NPPtools.dll only and see if that works for you.

·
desmume coder
490 Posts
None of this should be relevant on 0.9.2 which runs without the dll. As the faq makes clear, there is not actually any wifi support. But feel free to disbelieve me and continue to wrestle with it all you want.

·
L'Arc~en~Ciel Fan
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all your help, but it doesn't matter (at this moment), because Wifi isn't fully implemented yet... ^^'

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
you don't need it. use a newer desmume

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.