Next Generation Emulation banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I was referring to Serious Sam: The Second Encounter. Its not an expansion, so i assumed it was a sequel.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
N1ghtw0lf said:
I was referring to Serious Sam: The Second Encounter. Its not an expansion, so i assumed it was a sequel.
nah, it was basically a stand-alone expansion.

all i'm doing now is waiting to get my ps2. otherwise, i've learned not to get snared in by false promises and the crazy amount of hype that games have been getting.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
World of Warcraft by far. Beyond that, the only games that I'm even looking forward to in the remotely immediate future are Suikoden IV and (to a much lesser extent) Xenosaga Episode II. It's a bleak time for an RPG fan in the coming days. :p

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Regulus said:
Hmm...I would like to see Unreal Engine 3 in a game. That will kick so much ass. They are saying not until 2008, but I can wait. It's gonna own so much.

My current could be an interesting PC game list looks like this:

TES4
Fallout 3
Advent Rising
F.E.A.R.
KoTOR 2
Pariah
DNF4Ever
Juiced
Fahrenheit
Starship Troopers
The Roots
The Fall
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
The Bard's Tale
GTA: San Andreas

Those in bold are the ones I am awaiting most eagerly.

I have no interest in console titles other than Jade Empire and Unreal Championship 2. These, however, will sadly remain Xbox exclusive.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
My avatar says it all, need to say more?

I'm eagerly waiting for new revolutionay survival horror games, RE and SH are giving their last good times right now.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Ah yeah, forgot about RE4 aswell. Can't wait! :)

Getting my DS christmas too. Again, I can't wait.. seeing it at Wal-Mart today just about made me cry. :p

·
band
4,912 Posts
Ah yeah, forgot about RE4 aswell
oh yea...RE4! well, gonna wait for it to come onto my ps2!!! ;)

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
RZetlin said:
I'm waiting for Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 2, so that they can put in the other races like the Tau.
have they announced a sequal and are skipping on an expansion entirely?

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
uhh.... Fallout 3?!? I thought they won't do more fallouts or have they taken it up again... But if this that is true, I'm really waiting for it...

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
It is indeed true and the developers are the same that brought us the Elder Scrolls series.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
Hmm, didn't they buy fallout 3 from interplay, or are they making a new fallout 3?? ??

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
my guess is that bethesda bought the license for fallout, not that they bought some sort of alpha fallout 3.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Bethesda have the rights to Fallout 3 and are starting from scratch. IIRC Interplay were going to create an MMORPG Fallout.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Would probably fix they're financial problems if it turned out good.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Bethesda has the rights to make Fallout 3 (already announced) and can also make Fallout 4 and 5 if they want. I hope it doesn't come out at the same time as Troika's unnamed post-apocalyptic RPG otherwise there could be tension.

·
Link to the Underworld
1,148 Posts
Put me into the Serious Sam 2 camp. For reference, Serious Sam: Second Encounter is kind of like GTA Vice City and San Andreas. Rockstar refuses to call those games sequals, and says that there will be a game entitled GTA4 coming out (probably on a next gen console). Serious Sam: Second Encounter wasn't a sequel, just the second chapter of Serious Sam 1. Serious Sam 2 has a completely new engine, including physics, vehicles, and all the other things kids these days drool over. I only hope they don't ruin the fast and frantic gameplay with too many options, with their vehicles and whatnot. When it comes to games like Serious Sam, simpler is better.

I'm also looking forward to Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, as well as Fallout 3, and any further expansions to Half Life 2 (you know they're coming.) I'm going to go further into speculation and possible dissapointment territory and will say that i'm looking forward to the unavoidable sequal to StarCraft that blizzard will most likely pump out some time in the next few years.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts