Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently the source code for Gecko OS has been released. For those that don't know, Gecko OS is mainly used as (but not only!) an action replay-like homebrew app that already has quite a backlog of codes created for it (See: GeckoCodes.org).

Would it be possible to intergrate Gecko OS's functionality into Dolphin? Otherwise great projects like Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl will probably be stuck on actual Wii hardware forever...

More info on Gecko OS:
Gecko OS - WiiBrew

·
Registered
102 Posts
I know this is unrelated... but, i just wish WBFS partitions could be used with Dolphin. As it would make things easier for those who have Wii backups on such a partition without having a dupicate image/s on a NTFS partition.

If only one of the devs would get in touch with either one of the devs who made WBFS partitions to use with the Wii Console (via Homebrew). Most people here should know who i'm on about. ;)

Anyway... back on topic, the resources are available to do this, (even though we already have the AR manager intergated into the emulator already) and with permission hopefully the code database from WiiRD can be used to directly download codes to use along side with the emulator. :)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Just recently the source code for Gecko OS has been released. For those that don't know, Gecko OS is mainly used as (but not only!) an action replay-like homebrew app that already has quite a backlog of codes created for it (See: GeckoCodes.org).

Would it be possible to intergrate Gecko OS's functionality into Dolphin? Otherwise great projects like Brawl+ and Balanced Brawl will probably be stuck on actual Wii hardware forever...

More info on Gecko OS:
Gecko OS - WiiBrew
Developers from either side can make use of the available code to improve their own, but integration? NOT GUNNA HAPPEN.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok... so if not intergration of the entire Gecko OS, would it at least be possible add the ability to use Gecko OS codes?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.