Next Generation Emulation banner
41 - 60 of 143 Posts

· Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,421 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
It's a shame the author is more interested in a PS3 port than fixing the issues with the PC version, particularly as he's asking for donations to get a PS3.

I'd happily donate towards a more compatible PC version, but not towards another port with all the same issues.

EDIT: this isn't meant as a moan btw :thumb:

· Registered
414 Posts
I concur. Why would you port over something that isn't even finished to begin with? I'd say fix up the PC version first and foremost by increasing the accuracy and compatibility of the emulator first before using up resources on new features and porting.

· Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,421 Posts
I think we should all send an email begging him to work on the PC version, fix a few bugs (such as some games not having stereo sound *cough*Grandia2*cough*), THEN release PS3/Wii ports.

· All hail me!
421 Posts
This thread is revived again! Anyway, I agree. Fix the PC version first, then once most of the people are satisfied (which they aren't), then you should make other console ports.

· Tyrant
592 Posts
@drhycodan, the_randomizer, hookonsonic2
How about you doing all the fixes and improvements?

And how dare you to tell someone dedicating a lot of his free time into something, all of you are allowed to use for free, what he shall do?

Grow up, immediately!
And believe me, this is easier done than what you are demanding.

· All hail me!
421 Posts
@BinarySlave, holy f***! We weren't trying to force razi to do stuff, we were merely suggesting that he spend more time on the PC version, rather than the PS3 and Wii ports.

Grow up, immediately!
You're the one that needs to grow up. Read and understand the context of these messages thoroughly before you tell us to "grow up".

· Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,421 Posts
@drhycodan, the_randomizer, hookonsonic2
How about you doing all the fixes and improvements?

And how dare you to tell someone dedicating a lot of his free time into something, all of you are allowed to use for free, what he shall do?

Grow up, immediately!
And believe me, this is easier done than what you are demanding.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._474615759742_744569742_5106382_5107544_n.jpg

Is that you volunteering? Do you want to become an emulator programmer? Then shut up. What? You actually want me to listen? Too bad, but I'm too busy to care.

· Tyrant
592 Posts
... Fix the PC version first, then once most of the people are satisfied (which they aren't), then you should make other console ports.
Read and understand the context of these messages thoroughly before you tell us to "grow up".
:lol: It would have been better, you reading & thinking before posting.
That "understand the context" thing still keeps me laughing nonstop. :rotflmao:

Is that you volunteering? Do you want to become an emulator programmer? Then shut up. What? You actually want me to listen? Too bad, but I'm too busy to care.
:lol: See the nice link I've added to your reply.
The way you try to process your own experiences clearly shows that you still have a long way to go,
but don't give up.

Grow up, both of you.
Once you're out of puberty it becomes easier, millions have proven this already. :D

· Fluffy Animal Admirer
3,421 Posts
Grow up, both of you.
Once you're out of puberty it becomes easier, millions have proven this already. :D
I'm sure they have. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go back to simply not giving a da**. :D If I wanted a good argument, I would have paid five pounds and went into John Cleese's office.

· Time Lord
2,067 Posts
I think we should all send an email begging him to work on the PC version, fix a few bugs (such as some games not having stereo sound *cough*Grandia2*cough*), THEN release PS3/Wii ports.
That's the best way to get him to quit again. The begging is a contributing factor why he left the project the first time.

· All hail me!
421 Posts
Would an admin mind deleting this recent dispute that has broken out on this post? This is NOT the place to argue. It was just an announcement by Razi.

· Registered
122 Posts
Well, I guess not. The project's about as comatose as can be, along with the other DC emulators Makaron and Demul. The common sense thing of course would be for everyone to work on one merged emulator now that nullDC is open source, but that hasn't happened.

Think of an emulator with nullDC's options, GUI and CHD support, Makaron's MMU/WinCE and Demul's Atomiswave/Naomi 1+2 compatibility. Wouldn't that be great? The emulator authors don't think so, frustratingly.

So if the DC emulator devs won't play ball together, then has any effort been made to get other developers in to work on nullDC, say from Dolphin or PCSX2? That would seem the logical step if the current developers have lost interest.

· クロスエクス
4,890 Posts
You cannot just mash together the DC devs and expect them to work in a new fused manner. And even worse, you cannot just kidnap devs from other projects and force them work on nullDC. (tried that already, didn't work) XD

They have their projects in which they're comfortable and/or interested in and that's it. At least, that's how I see it.

· Registered
58 Posts
At least, as long as nullDC is open source, sooner or later there is bound to be progress. It's sad to see it stuck like this, but it could be much much worse. *Looks at PJ64*

· Premium Member
2,657 Posts
Hate to break it to you but when demul was open source it had no progress. Other, less known dreamcast emulators that are open source for few or many years (there are even some dating from 2004 or even earlier) also had little to no progress over all those years.

Do not expect a "united" emulator or something. Do not expect open source emulators to have progress just because the code is available either.

41 - 60 of 143 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.